Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>Student Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State:Texas (Denton)</p>

<p>Date Applied: July 1st</p>

<p>Date Accepted: Aug 16th</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?:Yes twice</p>

<p>Major: EE with a possible MBA</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?:Yes/ Accepted</p>

<p>Career goal(s): I am not sure what DS career goals are at this point beyond loving getting ready for his new life at The University of Alabama</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: My son was accepted to many other schools including Texas A&M. However none of those schools had everything that Alabama had to offer my son.
He will also be swimming on the Rising tide swim team. He is very excited to join the crimson tide family. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^^^
Welcome!</p>

<p>Thank you mom2collegekids. Our whole family is very excited!
:D</p>

<p>My daughter received her first acceptance today, to Alabama. We are in CA and don’t know a ton about the school, but this is quite exciting. She has very good test scores, but her GPA did not qualify for one of the big scholarships they offer. Does anyone know whether any other merit aid is likely to be offered? If it is not mentioned in the acceptance letter, is that it, or is there perhaps more to come from the Fin Aid office? Thanks for any information on this topic!</p>

<p>The automatic scholarships are awarded based on having a 3.5 GPA and a certain test score for freshman through junior years. If the GPA isn’t quite 3.5, not scholarship is awarded, and senior year grades don’t count. Alabama considers both weighted and unweighted GPA, whichever is higher. Notices for automatic scholarships typically arrive a week or so after the certificate of acceptance.</p>

<p>Student Gender: M</p>

<p>Home State: TX</p>

<p>Date Applied:9/24/13</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 10/7/13</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: not yet</p>

<p>Major: Chem E (would like to double major in Chemistry)</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes/Accepted Presidential</p>

<p>Career goal(s): </p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention:</p>

<p>She has very good test scores, but her GPA did not qualify for one of the big scholarships they offer. Does anyone know whether any other merit aid is likely to be offered? If it is not mentioned in the acceptance letter, is that it, or is there perhaps more to come from the Fin Aid office?</p>

<p>What is her weighted GPA? is it written on the transcript? If not, have the GC write it on there and resend it. Bama will accept that.</p>

<p>What are her test scores (SAT breakdown or ACT)</p>

<p>Scholarships come from the Scholarship office, not from the FA office. The assured ones come shortly after acceptance. However, if your D doesn’t qualify because of GPA, then sometimes Bama gives an award later on…in the spring after all is considered.</p>

<p>I see in another thread that your D has a 3.3 UC GPA. What is her ENTIRE GPA for grades 9-11…that is what Bama will use…including PE and anything else…including religion classes (if taken).</p>

<p>The highest one on her transcript is 3.35, which is 9-12 weighted, with everything thrown in. ACT 31. I can certainly see why UA would be attractive with a scholarship, but for an out of state without a scholarship, when adding in the travel, then I guess we will have to see what else happens. Thanks for the help, mom2collegekids!</p>

<p>Student Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Wisconsin</p>

<p>Date Applied: October 2nd</p>

<p>Date Accepted: October 22</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes</p>

<p>Major: Marketing-College of Commerce and Business</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: No</p>

<p>Career goal(s): International Lawyer (I want to go to law school after receiving my major)</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Rolltide ;)</p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Student Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Texas (and Austin counts as its own state within Texas)</p>

<p>Date Applied: I believe around 8/1</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 8/8, one week after I applied.</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: No</p>

<p>Major: Biology</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Already got in</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Oncologist</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Accepted as a Presidential Scholar, so full tuition. Alabama is my safety since they’re giving me a ton of money and I’m hella poor.</p>

<p>Student Gender: female</p>

<p>Home State: california</p>

<p>Date Applied: October</p>

<p>Date Accepted: October/ November</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: some</p>

<p>Major: Biology</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?:</p>

<p>Career goal(s):</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Accepted Montana State, Chico State, Humboldt State, University of Oregon and University of Portland</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Student Gender: F</p>

<p>Home State: South Carolina</p>

<p>Date Applied: 11/01
Date Accepted: 11/16</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: not yet, though I plan to.</p>

<p>Major: Economics / Business, possible minor in Film if I decide I can handle it.</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): I know the field, as mentioned above, but I’m undecided.</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: My SAT scores should guarantee me a Presidential scholarship. Fingers crossed.</p>

<p>Welcome!!!</p>

<p>This is for my son who is not on CC:</p>

<p>Home State: Wisconsin</p>

<p>Date Applied: October</p>

<p>Date Accepted: November 18</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes, once when visiting older brother. Will not visit again until orientation</p>

<p>Major: Mechanical Engineering (although Electrical Engineering might be a possibility)</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?:Yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): BS in engineering.</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Because he wants to have choices, he applied to a few other schools; however, I am almost 99% sure he’ll end up at Alabama. Its a great school with a beautiful campus, a good engineering program, a fantastic football team, and offers wonderful scholarships to make OOS attendance affordable. I don’t think there is another university out there that will beat what Alabama has to offer!</p>

<p>Home State: NY</p>

<p>Date Applied: Early September</p>

<p>Date Accepted: Late October (Don’t remember exact dates"</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes, but only for football games</p>

<p>Major: Undecided Business</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes and Fellows</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Curious about transition from northern state to down south. Is it really that different? Haven’t heard much as not many kids from my school go down south for college.</p>

<p>Home State: PA</p>

<p>Date Applied: Oct 2013</p>

<p>Date Accepted: Oct 2013; received notice of acceptance for Presidential Scholarship on Nov. 2013</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: yes in Aug</p>

<p>Major: Engineering</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: yes- applying for both Computer-based honors and University Fellows Experience</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Mechanical Engineering - possibly going for a Masters as well</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: We are really impressed with how personal UA has been from our interactions with the regional recruiter, our personalized tour and visit at UA, the personalized letter of acceptance and the very responsive admission person who returned my e-mail on the same day I sent it. I just have to convince my husband that UA is the best place for our son.</p>

<p>Question for the experts here…does anyone have information on the Blount Undergraduate Initiative? is this something everyone is asked to apply to? My kid did not qualify for any of the OOS scholarships, so I was wondering what this letter was all about.</p>

<p>^^
I’ll make a new thread for you so that this thread doesn’t go off-track.</p>

<p>Son just got his presidential scholarship letter - yeah!!!</p>