Class of '20 ~ Who's Applied and Who's been Accepted?

No one has been accepted yet, but wanted that in the title for future posts.

Copy paste the below and put in your answers. (it’s ok for parents to post about their child if they want)

Student Gender:

Home State:

Date Applied:

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?:

Major:

Applying to the Honors College?:

Career goal(s):

Any else you’d like to mention:

FYI- looks like applications are open today for Fall 2016!

DS will be filling it out as soon as he’s out of bed, so I’ll open this thread up.

Student Gender: M

Home State: Minnesota

Date Applied: 7/8/15

Date Accepted: –

Have you visited the campus?: Not yet- will be attending Honors Academy 7/19-7/25

Major: Biology

Applying to the Honors College?: Y

Career goal(s): Research, perhaps a marine biology focus

Any else you’d like to mention: Fingers crossed that scholarships don’t change dramatically this year…

Home State: Alabama

Have you visited the campus?: Many times; local area student

Major: Operations Management

Career goal(s): BS/MS in Operations Management, career in Supply Chain Management

Any else you’d like to mention: DITTO to “Fingers crossed that scholarships don’t change dramatically this year…”

Student Gender: F

Home State: Indiana

Have you visited the campus?: Yes; early junior year. Been excited for a long time!

Major: Secondary Education- Language Arts

Career goal(s): AP Lit/Lang Teacher

Any else you’d like to mention: I think we’ve all got our fingers crossed for that :slight_smile:

Student Gender: Female

Home State: Illinois

Date Applied: 07-08-2015

Date Accepted: -

Have you visited the campus?: Yes! My family and I came in the spring and fell in love.

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes

Career goal(s): Nuclear Engineering

Any else you’d like to mention: I am super interested/excited about STEM MBA

Are they open for all colleges across the country? All my schools don’t have regustration for Fall 2016 up yet?

@Valorship98 Totally depends on the college. Chicago and Temple, for example, are taking apps, but Minnesota is not. Each school sets their own policy.

Okay, thanks! I’m a first generation so this process is being done completely on my own

Got our app in today!!! Roll tide!

Home State: Florida

Date Applied: 07-08-2015

Date Accepted: -

Have you visited the campus?: Plan to visit if accepted!

Major: Operations Management

Career goal(s): Supply Chain Management

Any else you’d like to mention: Excited about applying to CBH and discovering other new opportunities at Bama!

Home State: Georgia

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?: Yes

Major: Biology (premed)

Career goal(s): Anesthesiologist or Surgeon

Any else you’d like to mention: Very impressed with all of the individualized attention and information provided by the University

Posted elsewhere, but FWIW- the scholarship information appears to have been updated. Can I say “Roll Tide”, or is that reserved for students and alums?

@khidhala when my son and I visited campus the Avanti team members encouraged all of us visiting to say “Roll Tide” so I’m pretty certain you are in safe territory there.

Home State: Texas

Date Applied: Son Applied on 7/8/15

Have you visited the campus?: Once for University Mondays back in March 2015. My son will also be attending the Honors Academy 7/19-7/25

Major: History

Career goal(s): Graduate and/or professional school

Any else you’d like to mention: I have been impressed by the efforts which the school has gone to make my son feel like he is a 5 star blue-chip recruit…from our visit to campus on University Mondays to the recruiting events my son and I have attended here in Texas. Emails to school officials are actually responded to within a few days!! Additionally, I don’t know if there is another community on College Confidential or on the Facebook sites with so many active and ardent supporters of a college. That’s got to mean something, right?

anyone can say Roll Tide!!!

Home State: North Carolina

Date Applied: S applied 7/12/15

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?: Yes, September 2014. S didn’t want to leave. His words were I’m home.

Major: Mechanical Engineering with a possible minor in Aerospace Engineering

Career goal(s): Work with either Lockheed Martin, Beoing, or NASA

Any else you’d like to mention: If it weren’t for CC we would not have discovered UA and the scholarships offered. I love this forum and all the good information that I have received. I’m excited for S and the opportunities that UA has to offer him. ROLL TIDE!!!

welcome!

Applied yesterday!! First app done!

Student Gender: Male

Home State: North Carolina

Date Applied: 7/12/2015

Have you visited the campus?: Not yet, at the moment it isn’t too high on my list, so probably will not visit unless it becomes a serious contender.

Major: applied as journalism, but thinking strategic communications/poli sci

Applying to the Honors College?: most likely not. W GPA is a 3.4 :confused:

Career goal(s): journalism/PR

Any else you’d like to mention: my dad has been an Alabama fan forever (cousin played football for them) and it was a solid match school for me. We’ll see what happens in the spring! Either way, Rolllllllll Tide!!!

@ntk131998 If you visit it will be a serious contender. My S wasn’t sure of the drive (we’re from NC too), till the campus tours. Now it is at the top of the list and he really doesn’t want to apply anywhere else.

Home State: Oklahoma

Date Applied:7-19-15

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?: No, plan too if the full tuition scholarship doesn’t change.

Major: Computer Science/Computational Mathematics

Career goal(s): Wake up every day with a smile on my face.

Any else you’d like to mention: I love football so 'Bama is a plus

Home State: Michigan

Date Applied: 7/17/2015

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?: Not yet

Major: Environmental Science

Career goal(s): Research, possibly environmental policy