Class of '20 ~ Who's Applied and Who's been Accepted?

Congrats to all who have been accepted! My son’s application has moved up to the “Application Status: Decision Made” state, but I don’t see anything further. Does an application stay in that state for several days? Just impatient!

Aaaaaaand to answer my own question, we now have access to the Honors College Application, so I guess we have progressed to the next state. Tonight he’ll enter his Honor’s College essay and then on to the CBHP app next. :slight_smile:

@psywar It stays that way indefinitely (from what I’ve seen). If there’s a “Student” tab, he’s been accepted!

Once you’ve been accepted, expect to receive all kinds of traditional mail from UA over the following several weeks.

If you want a summary of what communications my son received (and when), you can see here:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/18810107/#Comment_18810107

Congratulations to all and Roll Tide!

Congrats

We are still waiting for my son’s homeschool transcript to be processed (app says “Incomplete Items Outstanding”). I sent it about two weeks ago (?). Everything else is there - dual enrollment transcripts, ACT scores.

Received my acceptance today (9/23/15). Now to get started on the applications for scholarships and the Honors College.

Student Gender:M

Home State:Colorado

Date Applied:8/27

Date Accepted:9/22 - high school took a long time with transcript

Have you visited the campus?:Yes

Major:ChemE

Applying to the Honors College?: yes

Career goal(s):Chemical engineer

Any else you’d like to mention

My daughter received her acceptance letter from the admissions department on Monday (9/21). She will be a chemistry major in the College of Arts and Sciences. She has not yet received correspondence regarding any scholarships. Does anyone know when scholarships letters are usually sent?

If anyone is wondering the college of engineering is already sending out their scholarship letters. I received mine yesterday!

@etrunner, it’s usually about a week later.

My school says it sent my transcript about 3 weeks ago but it has yet to show as received on MyBama. Any ideas on what to do?

After the experiences we have thus far had with UA, I would trust them over your school. Go to guidance and ask them to send again ASAP? Maybe call UA first just to be sure the web has been updated.

for ntk131998- they have your transcript
this happened to me as well, and it didnt show they had recieved it until I was already accepted

My school claims it take up to a month to send and process, so even though it says it’s been sent on naviance, they told me I still need to wait for a month to pass before they will follow up.

Same transcript problem here . . . I even re-sent it (my son is homeschooled) and it still not showing up in the system. It’s the only outstanding item.

@etrunner Have you receive your scholarship letter yet? My son’s admittance letter is dated 9/22 but as of today no further correspondence. Thanks!

@psywar, DS is in A&S as well. The scholarship letter was the first one he received. He got the first of his acceptance letters a few days later- from the University at large. A week later, he received an acceptance letter from the college. And just last week, about four weeks from initially being accepted, he received the ‘suitable for framing’ certificate of admission.

So, my advice is to be patient, and watch the mail. The letters will come, they most assuredly will come. :slight_smile:

@psywar, yes DD received her scholarship letter as well as certificate of acceptance from the office of the president (separate mailings) exactly one week after receiving her original acceptance letter. Very exciting! We are now planning a visit to campus.

So I’m sure your son will receive additional correspondence shortly.

Woo-hoo - transcript processed and DS admitted 10/2!