Class of 2010 Accepted Thread

<p>Notification day is March 24....for those of you who were accepted post your GPA, SAT, Intended Major and specify if you are instate or out of state.</p>

<p>Congradulations to those of you who were accepted!! </p>

<p>Tech Triumph!</p>

<p>What time is it expected to be up? 5 or 6 PM EST Id assume, but anyone know for sure?</p>

<p>VTE,,,,Where did you learn that was the Day?</p>

<p>Someone else posted it earlier this week and I called the admin office and they said they are supposed to be posted online using your app. id number and password after 5pm on 3/24 and then followed by a letter in the mail. If you can not log on they will not tell you over the phone or in an email, you will have to wait for the letter in the mail.</p>

<p>Ack I am VERY scared</p>

<p>w00t only a few more hours</p>

<p>How are you excited about it? You maniac... :P</p>

<p>Im fairly confident, but nervous anyways. Im gonna be at work from 4-7:30 so I dont know when Ill get to check, Ill be thinking about it all throughout work, and I probably wont go home before I go out for the night after work.</p>

<p>good luck guys, cya tomorrow!</p>

<p>couple more hourss!!!!!</p>

<p>I got an email that said the notification will be posted after all letters have been mailed out...so we will see if it's still today after 5pm. Let's hope so!</p>

<p>GPA: 3.24 UW, 3.7 W
SAT: 590 V, 670 M,
Intended Major: I was gonna do Comp Sci, but they put me down as University Studies...so go figure
Out of State</p>

<p>GPA: 4.0uw 4.2w
Engineering
in-state
730cr, 690m, 670w
still hoping/waiting for u.honors....</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!
GPA: 3.96 W, 3.72 UW
SAT: 590 M, 620 V
Intended Major: English
In State</p>

<p>Still getting Application notification date page/header</p>

<p>You have to scroll down and look next to admission decision..its not at the top of the page</p>

<p>Decision: Offered Admission
Degree: BS in Business
College: Business
Major: Economics, Business</p>

<p>SAT Math 510
SAT Verbal 560
3.98 weighted gpa
3 AP's, 5 honors classes
Out of State</p>

Degree: Undeclared
College: Engineering
Major: General Engineering</p>

<p>SAT Math: 620
SAT Verbal: 670
3.85 weighted GPA
2 APs: US History, Physics B
Hispanic URM
Instate</p>

Major: Bio (premed route)</p>

<p>SAT Math: 650
SAT Verbal: 630
SAT Writing:630
3.9 GPA
7 APs: US History, Physics B, Stats, Art History, Bio, Micro, Macro
Out of State</p>

Degree: Undeclared
College: Engineering
Major: General Engineering
Out Of State (Ohio)</p>

<p>UW: 3.5 /// W: 3.9
8 APs (Comp Sci A, Comp Sci AB, Calc AB, Calc BC, Physics, Biology, US History, US Government)
640 CR / 790 M / 630 W
33 Composite / 31 CR / 35 M</p>

<p>Still waiting on Honors as well... when I visited, I asked in the honors info session what the acceptance rate is for honors, and they told me last year they accepted about 1000 out of 1100 kids who were offered the application to honors and actually turned it in. They said that mostly, if you were offered the application and took the personal statement seriously, you would likely get in. Honors program at VT sounds cool to me. </p>

<p>They do want you to take 21 credit hours per semester in honors though... seems like a lot.</p>