Class of 2010 Decisions

<p>I GOT IN!</p>

<p>Anybody else do ED and hear from VT?</p>

<p>I didn't expect to hear anything from them until Dec. 15, but yesterday I got an email telling me they'd made a decision, so I logged onto VT's app status page thing and there it was, an Unofficial Early Decision offer.</p>

<p>i applied rd, so i haven't gotten it yet</p>

<p>What does unofficial mean?</p>

<p>Well the official notification is the letter you get in the mail.</p>

<p>Heyy- I applied ed to VT and I got in too! I applied to the business school though-- congrats!</p>

<p>ndnzn...how long ago did you apply? and where do you check application status?</p>

<p>my friend got in! yay!</p>

<p>I turned my app in on 10/24 (about a week before the deadline) and got the decision on Saturday. I got the official decision in the mail today with all the stuff they sent for me to respond with. They e-mailed me an ID number and a PIN number and a link to the Application Status page, which is at <a href="http://www.admiss.vt.edu/appstatus/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admiss.vt.edu/appstatus/&lt;/a> . The e-mail with the ID and PIN came about two weeks after I turned my stuff in.</p>

<p>Will they accept January SAT1 scores or would it be too late? I know SAT2 scores are not due until May (hmm..).</p>

<p>I assume that I am going to get in.</p>

<p>What major is everyone going into??</p>

<p>Major: ChemE</p>

<p>International Studies. I know it's kind of obscure, considering I'm applying to Tech, but I'm not much of a math genius.</p>

<p>hey, i gonna apply to vtech next year, can u guys tell me ur high school gpa and classes u;ve taken? thank you :D</p>

<p>GPA: 3.6, 10 IB classes</p>

<p>I'm in, ED, Engineering Major. In response to sanded.85, I've got a 4.29 going into this year, but its going to drop a little. You certainly don't need that high to get in though. My classes were a good mix of honors/AP with a few non-honors classes my freshman and senior (this) year. My advice? If you are 100% (emphasis on 100%) sure this is where you want to go, do Early Decision. You have no idea how much less pressure there is on me compared to my friends that are still trying to get in places.</p>

<p>what engineeriing major u planning to do chuy?</p>

<p>Well, I'll be in general engineering (like all other freshman) for the first year, but after that I'm thinking about Materials Engineering, or something along those lines. What engineering are you in?</p>

<p>Is it hard to get into the Housing, Apparel, and Resource Management program at VT? Does anybody know of anyone getting in with a 1060 SAT score and 3.45 gpa? Thanks.</p>

<p>hmm if that's 1060 on the new SAT then i'd say you'd have a hard time getting in.</p>

<p>yeah, I think so too..do you know about JMU or GMU? thanks.</p>