Class of 2011: Which school(s) do you turn down to attend Wisconsin?

<p>Just curious ....</p>

<p>I'm an international student. </p>

<p>I would have turned down:
Penn State - Univ Park
Purdue University
University of Texas-Austin
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor</p>

<p>IF I decide to go to Wisc:</p>

<ol>
<li>University of Michigan -- A.A.</li>
<li>University of Texas -- Austin</li>
<li>Arizona State University, University of Arizona, NAU (free apps for me since I'm in AZ -- didn't really plan on going here anyway :P)</li>
<li>Baylor University</li>
</ol>

<p>I have to wait to hear back from the University of Chicago though. If UChicago accepts me I'll be going there, but if it doesn't I'll probably go to Wisconsin. </p>

<p>UW-M has such a better vibe and attitude about everything, it seems, than UM-AA.</p>

<p>spot on, I didnt like Umich too much either.</p>

<p>not the first to think so :)</p>

<p>My dad and I visited Ann Arbor and Madison as well as Chicago during a tour last week. Ann Arbor seemed very constricting and a lot smaller than I thought, as well as being way too serious. Over at Madison, the students are a lot more lively, and we have two lakes, one of which I will be living by if I get my first choice dorm next year. So same as the last guy: it's Madison vs. UChicago.</p>

<p>Madison vs. UChicago for me as well.</p>

<p>Weird, I wonder why so many of us are deciding between UChicago and Madison lol </p>

<p>They must have something in common that I'm not aware of ;p</p>

<p>UChicago has extreme prestige and a decent campus. It'll be 4 years of purgatory, but totally worth it. Madison has the atmosphere in the the universe, and I'm accepted. And they're close-by.</p>

<p>if i get accepted i'll be turning down
Indiana university
Purdue University
Southern illinois university carbondale</p>

<p>So...Ive been accepted to madison and I got deferred from michigan. I considered madison my safety b/c I applied to 3 schools</p>

<p>UNC-Chapel Hill
UMICH- Ann Arbor
U.Wisc</p>

<p>Is Wisc really comparable to U.Mich??????????
Since U.Mich and CH are so similar in selectivity I'm really afraid I wont get into either.</p>

<p>Yes, U Wis is UM with a little fun infusion. UNC is only very selective OOS. Instate is similar to UW overall. UW is easily as good--better in some areas like sciences.</p>

<p>Purdue
Indiana U- Bloomington
U of Minnesota- Twin Cities
U of Michigan- Ann Arbor
U of Iowa</p>

<p>"UChicago has extreme prestige and a decent campus. It'll be 4 years of purgatory, but totally worth it. Madison has the atmosphere in the the universe, and I'm accepted. And they're close-by."</p>

<p>If Dante was still alive he would correct you: Purgatorio? Hah! Uchicago is Paradiso! </p>

<p>-but madison is cheap.</p>

<p>If I go to UW (which I'm thinking I might, but I'm not entirely sure)</p>

<p>I will be turning down:
American U
University of Edinburgh, University of St. Andrews, University of Glasgow, University of Aberdeen (Scotland)
and possibly (not accepted YET):
Boston U
George Washington U
Columbia U
New York U</p>

<p>Oh yeah, In the UK I will be turning down
London School of Economics
Manchester
Bath
Nottingham
Durham
Kings College</p>

<p>HakunaMatata,
what were you planning on studying at UW ?</p>

<p>hakunamatata----you would turn down columbia to go to WISCONSIN....please enlighten me</p>

<p>yes.... i would very much like to know aswell.</p>

<p>Because if it were American SIS you turned down for whatever i would like to know why</p>

<p>UCSD
Syracuse
UM-Twin Cities
Holy Cross
Marquette
Boston University
George Washington University
University of Toronto</p>