Class of 2012, did you guys get ELC notification yet?

<p>our scl sent our trancript to UCs around april on May, i didnt get my notification yet, did u guys get yours?</p>

<p>^^^^I was wondering the same thing…</p>

<p>Nope… Sheesh I wanna get the notification already!</p>

<p>Nope I was just about to ask this!</p>

<p>I haven’t either, my counselor said it would be available on the application. Anyone get it on that?</p>

<p>my other thread
<a href=“ELC Notification - State Forums - College Confidential Forums”>ELC Notification - State Forums - College Confidential Forums;

<p>I got the letter a couple days ago, but I don’t know which specific UCs yet.</p>

<p>The UCs supposedly won’t be doing the campus guarantees any more. You’ll find out if you are ELC-designated after application submission (I think someone mentioned December). But the ELC designation will just guarantee Merced if you are not accepted anywhere else.</p>

<p>My daughter went to a session yesterday at school on completing the UC application. The UC rep who was there said no more guaranteed admission for the top 9% of students at each school. She also said that in the past if you didn’t get into the UC you applied to, they automatically forwarded your application to UC Merced, but this year they are no longer doing so. I heard this is definitely a strategy to increase OOS enrollment (= increase revenues).</p>

<p>I got into ELC! The above post says there’s no more ELC, but today, I found out there really is. I’m so surprised because I thought I wouldn’t have made it in!</p>

<p>@iequalstudent, ELC is still in place, but there is no campus level guarantees like previous years.</p>