Class of 2012, where are you applying to?

<p>We're almost seniors!! Where are you applying to(or plan to apply to?)</p>

<p>You can provide GPA/rank if you want. I've never listed my schools as which ones are favorites, but I'll try! I'll also list which cycles I plan on applying to. </p>

<p>EA-
MIT
UMass
Rutgers
Northeastern</p>

<p>EDII-
Smith</p>

<p>EE-
Wellesley</p>

<p>RD-
RPI
Yale
Boston U</p>

<p>Ranking schools as which ones I like(never did this before)-</p>

<ol>
<li>Smith</li>
<li>Wellesley</li>
<li>MIT</li>
<li>Northeastern</li>
<li>UMass </li>
<li>Yale </li>
<li>Rutgers</li>
<li>Boston U</li>
<li>RPI</li>
</ol>

<p>your turn :)</p>

<p>I’ve thought about compiling a list of possible schools, but I want to finish all my standardized testing (SAT, SAT II, A.P, ACT, and Regents) and then see where I stand. So … I’ll get back to you on this lol.</p>

<p>Lol okay. </p>

<p>I compiled a list without regard to test scores, then checked after I made my list.</p>

<p>All these 2012 threads are making me nervous lol.
Buttttt</p>

<p>EA/Scholarship deadline:
U Southern California
Notre Dame
Loyola Marymount
Chapman
Auburn</p>

<p>RD:
Stanford
Vanderbilt
U Washington
CSU Long Beach</p>

<p>Final list, ayyyy.</p>

<p>Ranking schools:</p>

<ol>
<li>USC</li>
<li>Vanderbilt</li>
<li>Stanford</li>
<li>UW</li>
<li>LMU</li>
<li>Chapman</li>
<li>Notre Dame</li>
<li>Auburn</li>
<li>CSU LB</li>
</ol>

<p>thanks for bumping this hahaha</p>

<p>and when did all of those schools get on your list!?</p>

<p>When? Well let’s see… :)</p>

<p>My first dream school was Stanford. 9th grade, ahhh. I obsessed over it for MONTHS. I told you my mom told everyone at work ■■■■■ and she won’t let it go.
Then I looked at my grades and was like “Lol yea, never getting into Stanford.” So I looked at schools that were good for marine biology and saw that USC was good for it. Plus I wanted to go to school in California. My list, at the time, was Stanford - USC - CSU LB. Long Beach State had a good marine bio program + it’d be a safety.
Then I visited Vandy over spring break in the 10th grade. It’s close to home, I’d get good money, they love my school ■■■■■, and my mom is pushing me to apply. Added it to my list :smiley:
And I’m Catholic, so she wanted me to have at least one good Catholic school. Added Notre Dame last month.
Then I thought, “I love CA. What if I don’t get into USC or Stanford?” so I started looking at schools in the SoCal area. Added LMU and Chapman.
Just about everyone from my school is either an Auburn fan or a Bama fan.
I hate Bama and their fans, so I added Auburn to my list. Football :smiley:
Andddd. I looked at neuroscience programs and found that U Washington’s program is good. Plus their basketball team is really good (just like mine!) and Isaiah Thomas is super sexy :D</p>

<p>And that’s my story :)</p>

<p>I thought you didn’t like marine bio anymore? Is bama a good school? I used to live there, and I wouldn’t mind going back (rude northerners.)</p>

<p>I don’t. That’s just how it started haha.
But all of those schools on my list have good neuroscience/neurobio/psych programs, luckily :D</p>

<p>Bama is a good school, but too many hicks for me. They have a lot of school pride (fooooootball!) but I’m too used to hearing the mantra “roll tide” -____- Plus, I’d rather not see a good chunk of my classmates after high school.
Southerners are, in general, a hell of a lot friendlier ■■■■■.</p>

<p>I’m marrying a southerner</p>

<p>And that’s why I’m not applying to CT schools (except Yale)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Hi there! :slight_smile: Have you considered adding Georgetown to your list? </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>…you’ve definitely thought out your future.</p>

<p>Yes ^^ I have plans, back up plans, and back up back up plans.
:)</p>

<p>In response to ksarmand’s suggestion, I would also recommend Georgetown. My sister graduated from there last year. Despite only attending for Junior and Senior year, she loved it. So if you’re looking for a good catholic college, Georgetown should definitely be considered.</p>

<p>P.S I might apply there as well :)</p>

<p>good luck for everyone! :slight_smile: btw, if you are looking for a good undergrad school that is very strong in science/business, you should look into Emory. it also provide very nice financial aid. if your family makes less than 100k, the maximum loans you will end up having in 4 years is 15k. if your family makes less than 50k, you will have no loans. Emory meets 100% of your financial aid need. It’s also very diverse, and is in top 20 schools (next years its probably going to get higher in rank). very nice college. I hope you guys get into your top choices :slight_smile: good luck</p>

<p>@ksarmand and Kali22: I actually didn’t consider Georgetown. But now I might :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion!!</p>

<p>Marine- since I need to always update you on my college list :)</p>

<h1>10- Cornell. And I’m doing RD for smith instead of EDII</h1>

<p>Yay :smiley: I almost wanted to apply to Cornell. What do you want to major in at Cornell?
And I’m secretly happy you’re applying RD instead of ED2 ■■■■■.</p>

<p>Computer science, and then apply to grad school at Carnegie Mellon for human computer interaction. </p>

<p>And why didn’t you tell me you didn’t want me to!?</p>

<p>Cause I know MIT is your first choice! Lol.
That would be like me applying to USC for the scholarship deadline, then Vandy ED2. :p</p>

<p>Well I would know about getting accepted/rejected to MIT on dec 15, and the ed2 deadline is Jan 1 for smith lol. </p>

<p>But the real reason is, I think I’ll get in (not to sound conceited) and then my mind will change. I don’t want to be bound. Or take away a spot from a girl who really wants smith</p>

<p>I know what you mean.
I thought I was going to apply to Vandy ED2 because I really love the school, but I know I love USC more.</p>

<p>Oh well lol. Surely there are more AA’s in the class of 2016…</p>