Class of 2015 Applicants

<p>Hey guys - I noticed no one started this on TCU's thread, so here goes:</p>

<p>Home state: CA
EA/RD: EA
GPA: 3.87/4.3
SAT/ACT: 2070
Major: Double Business and Broadcast
Where else are you applying? SMU, UMiami, USC, UC Berkeley</p>

<p>S got appectance letter last week. We are from Texas and he was EA. Weighted GPA of 5.31, unsure of unweighted # - ACT 32 - has completed 42 hours at local juco with a 4.0 GPA in college and will take 9 more hours spring semester. Phi Theta Kappa at juco for two years now (been taking at juco since sophomore in high school). Major: who knows, maybe bio/chem or engineering, lately been talking about chem and philosophy and going to law school. Also applied SMU, Baylor, UT Austin and Brown. Got $53K total from Baylor with his acceptance letter. Waiting for TCU scolly offer.</p>

<p>KS
EA
3.89/4.38
30/1980
Biology (might switch to neuroscience)
Vandy, Texas AM, Indiana, Tulane (into everywhere but vandy, won’t hear from vandy until march)
TCU is at the top of the list for sure though. As soon as I see my money offer I can make a final decision.</p>

<p>^ herewego11 – you have 1980 in your graduating class ???</p>

<p>EA
gpa: 4.0 unweighted
ACT: 34 composite
Major: Biology/Spanish
Other Schools: Rice, SLU, BC
Tcu is probably my number 1 at this point</p>

<p>I’m bettin that is 30 on ACT and 1980 on SAT - not sure though</p>

<p>Dang, MyronB, way to go on that ACT!</p>

<p>Thanks northtexas!</p>

<p>how come some people have received decisions already? i applied EA but havent heard back, while people who submitted their applications after me have</p>

<p>I’ve been wondering the same thing andreag. I haven’t received a decision yet, but I know plenty of people that have.</p>

<p>Ya I meant 30 ACT 1980 SAT and rank is 2/106 (small because new school).
I applied pretty early like beginning of Oct EA, so that could be why I got a letter so early.</p>

<p>Myron, what is SLU?</p>

<p>Rice1961, SLU is Saint Louis University. My brother goes there and really likes it.</p>

<p>We logged into my.tcu.edu account and the intro screen Monday before Thanksgiving said something like “Congratulations on your admission, John Doe, we welcome you to the TCU Family” or close to that. One day later, last Tues, the big envelope came in the mail. Son applied EA first of Oct. We were told scholly offers would come within two weeks of acceptance letter (spelled it right this time…hehe), but still thinking it could be after first of year before we hear. COME ON SCOLLY! When i attended TCU in late '80s, cost was about $165 per hour when I started and $210 when I graduated. Now, something like $1,200 per hour - at that price, we need to go to the National Championship…LOL!</p>

<p>By the way, if you folks feel so inclined, try for honors program if invited. I stayed in Milton Daniel my freshman/sophomore years (which was the athletic dorm at the time) and now it is called the Milton Hilton, home of the honors dorm. I can assure you, this place is NOT the Milton of my years - lord, that thing is N-I-C-E!</p>

<p>Thanks for the info northtexas. Like you said, everyone has been saying the new honors dorms are phenomenal.</p>

<p>What does the Honors Program mean exactly? Harder classes?</p>

<p>I believe there are some harder honors classes and a couple curriculum requirements for the Honors Program. Also have the option to stay in the newly renovated Honors housing.</p>

<p>I was accepted today, first admit out of my four early actions. TCU is a great university but its a backup for me since I live in the area and want to go live somewhere else for a while. </p>

<p>Home state: TX
EA/RD: Early Action
GPA: 3.5ish? We don’t use the 4.0 system (rigorous prep school)
SAT/ACT: 2140/33
Major: Journalism and Political Science
Other places applying: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Richmond, UVA, Elon, South Carolina, USC, Elon, Maryland, George Washington</p>

<p>My son has a status on his TCU Admissions Status page (on the web site) that says you admission decision has been sent to your mailing address. </p>

<p>GPA: 3.9
SAT: 2070</p>

<p>I assume it’s a yes, but WHO KNOWS???</p>