Class of 2016- Chance?

<p>As a junior, I want to know if I'm on the right track. I know I need to retake the ACT and take the SAT's but is there any other flaws?</p>

<p>Basic Info:
Ethnicity: Black
State: NY (Long Island)
School: Public/ URM- 6 blacks in my school at most.
GPA:
9th- 3.9 UW
10th- 4.0 UW
11th- 3.5 UW for 1st quarter
(I know 3.5 is bad but 2nd quarter I've been acing so I'm expecting at least a 3.8 by the end of the year plus IB weighting)</p>

<p>IB Grades are multiplied by 1.1 for weighting btw</p>

<p>SAT Reasoning Single Sitting: Not taken yet
SAT Reasoning Superscore: Not taken yet
SAT IIs:Not taken yet
ACT- 26 took it in 10th grade w/o studying. Taking it again in April
Class Rank: School doesn't rank</p>

<p>Course Load:
All honors 9th and 10th with AP World in 10th. IB Diploma Candidate for the next two years.</p>

<p>Junior Course load:
IB Math SL
IB Environmental Systems & Societies SL
IB English HL
IB History of the Americas HL
IB Spanish SL
IB Theory of Knowledge
IB Biology HL</p>

<p>It's pretty much the same for my senior year as well.</p>

<p>Extracurriculars (by the end of Grade 12 year):</p>

<p>Over 50 hours of Volunteer Work at my local hospital
Co-President of AIDS Awareness Committee since Sophomore Year
Along with IB Environmental Class, helped raise over $500 in two weeks for Conservation Program in Ethiopia
Captain of JV and Varsity Field Hockey
Section VIII All-League Player (Field Hockey)
Senior Advisor of a Teen Council at my local library since Freshman Year
Second Violinist in Chamber Orchestra
National Honor Society Member
National Foreign Language Honor Society Member
Planning to follow an OB/GYN this summer for 2 weeks. </p>

<p>My intended major is Biology/Pre-Med</p>

<p>anyone have an opinion?</p>

<p>Suggestion? Comments? Concerns?</p>

<p>ACT but you are going to work on that.</p>

<p>Yep, thanks:)</p>

<p>Seems like you are on the right track. Your ethnicity will help, since I know Geneseo has been trying to recruit more minority students…I think something like only 2% of the students there are black. Your courses and extracurriculars look good. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Thank You!</p>

<p>I think you definitely have a good chance. Just try to get your ACT score up a few points.</p>

<p>If you keep doing what you have been doing you are in…even with a 26 ACT, but I know you’ll do better. I rarely comment on “chances” threads but I want to encourage you to just maintain the effort you have put into your academics and school community so far and to not get too wrapped up into the stats (particularly standardized scores). Your resume-to-date is a lot more impressive than that of the kids I know who have been accepted at and are attending Geneseo over the past 3 years.</p>

<p>yeah ull def get in. i had a 2.7 gpa, little extra curricular, 1s on ap stat and ap art history, and a 2180 sat. but think twice about coming here, its extremely rural and im from NYC. also, like 90% of the students here are from the L.I., nyc area with the other % making up other parts of ny and maybe 2% out of state</p>

<p>oh and youre doing pre med? hmm study hard. each year out of the 1100 freshman coming, there are maybe a few hundred pre med students. im a freshman and by my second semester, almost all the pre med kids i know dropped out cause of the workload. so study hard and go to med school!</p>