***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

@piesquared When we went through this with S14 I was in the same situation. Luckily, he was able to repurpose his CA essay - I think there might have been a slightly shorter word limit. It provided an early deadline on getting things shaped up. Can’t promise anything but I think the topic is flexible enough.

Thanks @crowlady. He has both an almost finished CA and an almost finished Apply Texas “goals” essay, so forcing him to get one of those polished up would be awesome.

Good luck to everyone! I think our school is pretty good about letting the kids know, and there’s usually about 10 in a class from his school, so I might be able to add to the discussion. Unfortunately, everyone’s scores he knows are close to his and it’s the sort of thing he would never ask anyone about…just if he happens to hear.

@czarpeter Hi, Congrats. Are you in the homeschooler community in New York state? Does this mean a 219 is a semifinalist level for all schools and not just for homeschoolers? Thanks for any details.

I’m not homeschooled and 219 is good enough for all NY people but may not be the cutoff. Cutoff could be lower.

Thanks so much @czarpeter I will tell my son the great news. yay.

DD with 223 made it in California. Letter to the principal.

Do you know if anyone with a 222 made it in ca? Borderline here @ballerina16

Just curious, last year the cutoff for West Virginia was 201, so does it mean that all students with scores above 201 become semifinalists? So they don’t have any commended students?

@tennislover16 Unfortunately she does not know. If I have to guess, I would say you should be OK. Based on the number of kids who made it from our school this year I would think that the cut off should be like last year or lower. Of course it might be a stronger class.

@ballerina16 thank you so much for responding! Fingers crossed

Updating CA based on @ballerina16 's report

AL=? (post #?, per GC/NMSC/HSL (homeschool letter)/other)
AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA= <=223 (post #726) letter to principal
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=?
GA=?
HI=?
ID=?
IL=?
IN=?
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=217 (post 707)
LA=?
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MI= <= 213 (post 648 HSL)
MN=?
MS=?
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY= <= 219 (post #714 student report)
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=?
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=?
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Commended (national cutoff) = 202?

Haha, am I the only one constantly refreshing the page and hoping for more info?? :stuck_out_tongue:

@starrynight20 No, not at all. :wink:

@starrynight20 right here with ya lol

I am refreshing constantly.

Ok, what states are you guys in? Waiting in Indiana here.

@Hope2achieve Waiting in Texas!

Waiting in VA.

Waiting in Wisconsin. :slight_smile: I am so grateful for this community. I have learned so much already and appreciate the support and information. Thank you!

Waiting in Mississippi!