***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

Post #772 reported a 218 for Indiana

I have a score of 202, haven’t been notified yet, hoping for Commended!

Looking at historical data I saw one year where the Maryland cutoff increased by 4 points. That would be enough to knock our son out. However, the score would also have to be 2 points higher than it’s ever been. Not likely, but possible.

Stilling waiting in Indiana. Congrats to all who have been informed.

Please let me know if anyone comes to know of the cutoff score for NJ!! Got a 223 but the past 2 years the cutoff was 224. sooo nervous!! ;(

Updating IN based on @chargerparent 's report

AL=? (post #?, per GC/NMSC/HSL (homeschool letter)/other)
AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA= <=223 (post #726) letter to principal
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=?
GA=?
HI=?
ID=?
IL=?
IN= <=218 (post #772) letter to school
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=217 (post 707)
LA=?
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MI= <= 213 (post 648 HSL)
MN=?
MS=?
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY= <= 219 (post #714 student report)
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=208 (post #750) cutoff informed by principal
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=?
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Commended (national cutoff) = 202?

Where are you getting the national cutoff from?

Still waiting in Texas. Fingers crossed for my 218.

The national cut off for commended has been available since April- The National Merit organization will tell you this number if you call

@gigglebot3

See post #268 for commended. Congratulations.

do they give the states cutoff if you call? My daughter had called but they said it will be available sept 9. Am wondering what is WA state’s cutoff is. My daughter has 218 which is 1 lower than last year and looks like the cuoffs are staying the same or higher.

No they won’t tell you the cut offs until 9/9 that’s the reason for this thread.

They dont give that info out yet. i don’t understand exactly what the reason is but for some reason there is not supposed to be any sharing of this information until that date- schools are allowed to tell the kids who are semifinalists but apparently some schools misunderstand that and wait until the release date( Sept 9) to even do that.
Really hoping someone from Texas will hear SOMETHING today.:slight_smile:

Called NM and they told me Florida’s letter was mailed last Tuesday… spoke to guidance counselor today and nothing was known yet :frowning:

ok figured out how to fix notifications lol

Florida mail is SLOOOOOOOW. :frowning:

@tb2000 I’m telling myself that Texas is so big that SOMEONE must hear something today! :wink: Although probably not going to be me…school didn’t say anything during announcements, so I’ve been stalking this thread!!

our school doesn’t normally get more than one or two NMSF so they aren’t really racing for the mailbox. The guidance counselor I spoke with thought they came out in OCT grrr lol. I think I’ll be waiting until the 9th unless someone else on here gets news. :((

The school cannot announce it to anyone but you and your family until September 9. They will most likely call you to the counselor or principal.

I finally signed up after lurking here for ‘quite some time’…
I am in Iowa and my son’s score was 208, only high enough in a couple of recent years. I’m ever hopeful though!