***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

@WRUAustin thanks for all your work on state predictions… i thought i was OK with not finding the info and asking you for a prediction for Minnesota – but today has been a severe test of willpower. my D is at 216, one above last year (which was itself the historical high)…

@wandlmink In-school students are left to the mercy of whenever GC’s choose to tell them since the school principal gets the letter. That is the reason for this thread to see if your kid make it to the SF status before the school let you know.

@divider be aware that the scores being posted are not the cutoffs but evidence – in most cases the summary still shows <= meaning less than or equal to a particular score because further evidence might emerge that a lower score qualifies. Except for LA (evidence is cut off is > meaning greater than 209) and OK (cutoff is confirmed).

Son has qualified in Mississippi!! Yay!!! He made a 211!! His classmate made a 209 and qualified also…

MInnesota 217 made the cut. My DD’s GC said he didn’t know what the specific cutoff was in MN but he thought it was low teens like 112 or 113.

Thank you all for keeping us updated!

Any news for Massachusetts? :slight_smile:

Florida was 214

Florida’s cutoff is 214? Wow, that’s 3 points higher than last year.

@paddlerk what do you mean? You had a 214 and qualified (if so, how did you find out)? Or the cutoff is 214 (again, tell us how you know)?

@paddlerk - Confirmed cutoff?

@3boystogo @crowlady I had a 214 and qualified semi finalist, but my friend with a 213 got commended.

Updating based on recent reports:

AL=? (post #?, per GC/NMSC/HSL (homeschool letter)/other)
AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA= <=223 (post #726) letter to principal
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL= >=214 (post #851)
GA=?
HI=?
ID= <=213 (post #811) HSL
IL=?
IN= <=218 (post #772) letter to school
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=213 (post #822)
LA= >209 (post #825)
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MI= <= 213 (post 648 HSL)
MN= <=217 (post #844)
MS= <=209 (post #843)
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY= <= 219 (post #714 student report)
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=208 (post #750) cutoff informed by principal
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=<=210, possibly 209 (post #823)
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Commended (national cutoff) = 202?

@crowlady My school’s principal called in all semi finalists today, followed by all the commended in a second group

@paddlerk Thanks for posting.

Crud. 214 for FL matches the all time high and is above the predictions of 212.3. FL was one of the few big states that indicated an increase based on the reported numbers.

Really would like to hear from TX. I’m not liking the trend, though.

@paddlerk commended letters don’t go out until the end of the month?

NY number is 219. Told by school that 218 did not make the list. Oh well.

@WRUAustin you did post something like 218.2 for NY and a student shared a qualifying SF score of 219. That’s one of the biggest states. Can you post your state estimates again, thanks.

Congrats @paddlerk and thanks for the news! Did you get a letter? My daughter is in w her 216 then! Woo hoo!! That’s the highest it’s been in a while. I heard FL had 10% of all semi finalists this year… no idea if its true.

@fbhsmom thanks! Semis were notified by administration today, still awaiting letters.