***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

Thrilled to report 216 makes it in Minneosta. My daughter heard from GC today. (Just got home from school). She has a friend who had a 215 who she thinks got it, too. She’s double checking now.

@COmtnparent schools are allowed to tell the student and their families before the press release date but many of them do not. It just cannot be released to the public.

Has anyone heard from Nevada yet? This waiting game is killing me…

Has anyone heard from Alabama yet?

NJ???

How do average scores go down but commended cutoff and nmsf cutoffs go up?

@mightve life sucks. i got a 218 and i am so so bummed. texas why couldn’t have been in the testing last year? UGH.

If 214 made it in Florida and 213 did not, doesn’t that mean the score should read = 214, not >=214?

Sorry. The National Merit Scholarship is based upon PSAT scores. It is only for Juniors who took the PSAT in their junior year.

@Stanton2016 i’m updating full list. please direct me to post number for florida cutoff being 213

i think this includes latest on Minnesota, Texas and Ohio … let me know if i missed anything

AL=? (post #?, per GC/NMSC/HSL (homeschool letter)/other)
AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA= <=223 (post #726) letter to principal
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=214 (post #851)
GA=?
HI=?
ID= <=213 (post #811) HSL
IL=?
IN= <=218 (post #772) letter to school
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=213 (post #822)
LA=211 (post #887) cutoff informed by GC
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MI= <= 213 (post 648 HSL)
MN= <=215 (post #900: 216 from GC; 215 from friend of student)
MS= <=209 (post #843)
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY<=219 (post #714 student report)
NC=?
ND=?
OH=<=216 (#898, letter from school)
OK=208 (post #750) cutoff informed by principal
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN= <=215 (post #860)
TX=219 (post #871; post #856 cutoff informed by GC)
UT=<=210, possibly 209 (post #823)
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Commended (national cutoff) = 202

@WK6897 You are good with 216 in Florida. GC will probably notify kids by end of the week.

@lcgusa You can only qualify for national merit with a PSAT score, not an actual SAT test as far as I know. Then the SAT validates your psat score, which in past years was around 1970, as one of the requirements to become a finalist.

@COmtnparent we are from CO too and D hasn’t heard anything yet, but her school always takes a lot of time for things like this. I checked their Facebook account and there was an announcement from last year on Sept 10th, so I assume students were told on that day.

@MidwestMomTo2 #896 was for Texas, not for NY. So we still do not know if the cutoff is 219 or lower.

The post said 214 not 213. Person said 213 did not make it. For florida

I appreciate the outstanding efforts to predict and track this data. Things are looking up for my DS with a 220 in TX but, as of yet, there is no official word from his school. Thanks!

Thanks, @stanton2016 and @nycuws … i got it in the nick of edit time.

Congrats to all NMSF. For those that did not get this, don’t despair. Two of my kids were commended students the past 4 years and they both were awarded significant merit scholarships based on their SAT/ACT scores, ECs and application essays.

@Stanton2016 Actually if you miss the PSAT given at your high school, and contact national merit, they will allow you to submit SAT scores in lieu of PSAT scores, and since the PSAT does not have an essay component, the SAT math+CR+writing multiple choice subscore is used for consideration for national merit. I scored a 2140 on the SAT (math+CR+writing mc subscore) so I was just curious if anybody knew how NMSC equated SAT scores to PSAT scores for nm consideration. So, in other words, does NMSC consider a 2140 on the SAT a 214 on th PSAT scale?