***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/16246879#Comment_16246879

See FAQ post 26 for how to calculate the required SAT score.

We are also in Idaho at a private school and still haven’t heard anything…

Does anyone have a good estimate for the Ohio cutoff? I have some friends who are closer to 212-215. Expert opinion? xD

@divider although we don’t know the cutoff for sure, Minnesota is no higher than last year, which was 215. My D has a friend with a 215 who was notified today. (215 is the historical high for the state.)

I just signed back on here after a few days of not being on and I have way too many notifications. Does anyone know if there are any updates on the NJ cutoff?

No one checking in for NJ yet. Sorry.

Texas score.

I emailed our GC. She said they had one NMSF make it at 220 for Texas. My son was 219 and did not make it. So, 220 is the number and a new high.

So sad for my son.

I actually have a hard time believing it went up based on the numbers that were reported in the junior class summary. Really surprised! Good luck to all.

Oh, @WRUAustin that is awful news. So sorry … and such a high score too. He will, nevertheless, have many merit opportunities.

Oh, so sad for you and your son, @WRUAustin! I’m definitely preparing for bad news now, given that the confirmed cutoffs so far have all been a point or more higher than last year. Maryland never seems to be in the early reporting so I may have to wait. I don’t want to call the GC unless I think my son’s borderline score actually made it.

Thank you @WRUAustin for your calculations and for keeping us sane all those long months. Best of luck to you and your son.

@lcgusa I think you are right about the formula. My d looked it up and said her SAT score exactly fit her PSAT score using that formula. She got a 222 on the PSAT and then took the SAT for the first time in June and got a 2220. Her PSAT score was exactly 1/10 of her SAT score. That was the first time she took the SAT.

@WRUAustin Thank you so much for your contributions and guidance to this group. Your expertise encouraged and occupied many of us during this anxious wait. I’m so sorry for your disappointment, but I look forward to hearing what other awards you son receives. Please be sure to keep the list posted.

@WRUAustin I’m so sad to hear about the Texas cutoff. You’ve done so much for this group and given us all so many reasons to relax and be optimistic. Best of luck to you and your son, I’m sure y’all have a bright future ahead!

Whoa! Share your pain, @WRUAustin.

My daughter got 219 in Texas with 2370 SAT and sad to see that she is NOT going to qualify for NMSF.

Very sad indeed!

Good luck everyone!

@WRUAustin Good luck to your son. PM me if you have any questions about Rice University. My son is a senior there. He was a commended student but was awarded a merit scholarship there based on his SAT, ECs and essays.

CC needs a “sympathy” button. I’m so sorry - I’ve been spending months imagining just missing it. It must be so painful. However, @WRUAustin, I’m sure your son is a strong candidate and will get many other offers. Side note: I have confirmed that a 209 makes it in Utah. I would guess that the cutoff is once again a 208, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has risen a point.

So sorry @WRUAustin! Thanks for letting us know. Gave me a chance to prepare my own 219er for the bad news.

@wruaustin although you didn’t get the news you wanted, thank you for the time you put in on the calculations. If your son is even half as resourceful as you, he will do very well!

WRUAustin. I share your disappointment of having a child miss NMSF by one point. While both would have made I it in over 40 states it just did not work out. Best wishes.

All, thanks for all the well wishes. I appreciate them. I’m sure that God has good plans in store for my son. (I can say that here, right? :slight_smile: ). He will do fine. Good luck to all.