***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

@divider are you one of the ones on the bubble and still waiting for official word? I was skeptical of cutoff list posted…but I PMed that poster and asked him to confirm my son was on the list…all I provided was the school/city/state that my son attends…plus I mentioned he might be the only one from that school. They responded with my son’s name (first, last, middle initial). There is NO way they would have that info unless they actually have the official list of NMSF…I did not give them any other identifiable information.

well said, Sorry, but after that SAT blog saying you need a 2250, I am just a little afraid to take this to heart. My S is on the bubble at a 209 Michigan.

@divider That 2250 thing was from a different poster than the one that posted the list of scores.

@divider… that was my son last year. 209 in Michigan.

@divider I did the same thing as 4kids2graduate and the poster provided my daughter’s name as well! It’s legit!!

Alright I believe you. Thank you for this wonderful blog and great advice. Glad this is all over.

@NVNomad It’s nice to see someone from the same region out here on CC. And I’m sorry to hear about your daughter… Big hugs to her!

@fbhsmom – regarding the school spirit thing:
My older son, S14, got a $25K/yr merit scholarship at Miami (FL). He wanted a school with lots of school spirit and Division I football and basketball games that he could go to. At least that’s what he thought he wanted. We were on our second tour of Miami in April after all his admissions decisions were in, and we were chatting with another family on the tour. The mom asked my son what other schools he was considering. He told her that after touring Miami we were going up to Atlanta to go to an admitted students day at Emory. She said that the academics at Miami couldn’t compare to Emory, and asked him what he liked about Miami. He responded that he wanted to go to football games, cheer for his school, etc. She responded, “Let me get this right. You’re going to base your decision of where to go to college on five or six home football games a year?” That resonated for him. He’s at Emory and he loves it there.

I know that UF has a great honors program, and it may be the best choice for your daughter. And there may be financial considerations that make it a good choice. But like that mom, I’d urge her to consider some other schools that may end up being a better fit than she might suspect.

And let’s not forget the full ride at UF for NMFs!

Hoping today is the day. First day of school in Northern Virginia and it’s hard to believe they won’t tell the NMSFs with the press releases coming out tomorrow. D qualified comfortably given Dookster’s cutoffs, but you always worry that somehow a data entry error will mess everything up. I suspect others are also experiencing the same sense of suspended animation.

In the same situation in New Jersey. I always worry until it’s official. I hope her GC tells her today because she’ll be out the first half of the day tomorrow taking her driver’s test!

Good luck on the driver’s test. It is such a blessing not to drive them everywhere!

Waiting here too. I did get confirmation from the dookster that she was on the list, but I want to see if from the school. We have been in school since August 11. No excuse for not letting us know. He did tell me she was the only one. We have s new principal this year and that worries me. She is trying to put her stamp on everything now and not all is good.

@wandlmink. In the same situation here in PA. I scored a 217, which according to Dookster makes the cutoff. However, Dookster says he/she can’t find my school on the list. I’m worried that my school made some sort of administrative error and I won’t make NMSF.

@DominicBayer that is my fear too.
Just need to wait another day.
I really hope there wasn’t for you.

Waiting to hear the news in Michigan. Should be safe but the official word would help me sleep at night.

@DominicBayer, if there was an administrative error, I think NMSC will be extremely helpful in getting it corrected. They are wonderful with such things and don’t want anyone falling through the cracks. For example, they waive deadlines and send reminders to schools and students so that all the paperwork is submitted. For one of my sons, the school left off a large segment of his paperwork for finalist, and NMSC allowed an amendment long after the deadline had passed so that it would be considered in his advancing to finalist.

Also, your school may be listed in an odd way. Our school is always listed with the city in front of the school name, even though that is not part of the name of the school.

Glad to hear this, @Barfly. I hope that I’m able to correct if there is any mistake.

In our case, @DominicBayer, the “city” name in front of our high school name isn’t even the city where the school is physically located. It’s just the largest city to our high school, and the ISD office is in that city. So why NMSC has our school listed like that I have no idea, but they have done it for years. So your school may also be listed incorrectly.

I have also heard of students accidentally checking the wrong box, so that they appear to not be eligible for NM because they checked that they are sophomores, or not US citizens, etc. All of that can be corrected with NMSC. NMSC is truly very accommodating.

@Barfly. Glad to hear that NMSC is so accomodating. I’m almost sure that I checked every box correctly, and if there is any error it’ll probably be my school’s. However, it probably is right and my school is just listed incorrectly.