***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

Can you post PA list?

@UpstateNYDad asked what the school’s portion of the application consists of.

I just found my post #116 from the “NMF Rejection Letters…” thread.

I had a copy of the full 2010 application that the GC had given to me. In 2010, the application for finalist was all done on paper. While it’s online now, the requirements, as far as I know, are the same. Perhaps a homeschool principal can confirm.

In any event, here is what I posted in January.

Does anyone have Delaware County PA? (Philadelphia suburb)

Barfly - thanks for posting !!

Does anyone have the Ohio list plssss?

Thanks, Barfly, that is very helpful

I have the PA list in a PDF, but it’s in columns and would probably not cut and past very well. If you PM me with an email address, I’d be happy to forward it.

@sc123456789

I apologize if this is a duplicate message - TO PAMom21 - I do not know how to private message - can you private message me and send me your email address and then I will send you my email? Or can you take a screen shot of Delaware County PA on the PA list and post it here? Many many thanks!!!

Chicago and Illinois papers don’t seem to publish a statewide list. Does anyone have one for Illinois?

Does anyone have a Kansas list, or at least Johnson County, Kansas? Apparently, the private schools are slow to publicize the names of NMSFs.

Ohio list at http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/09/2015_national_merit_scholarshi_2.html

A newspaper rehash (i.e., not the original source document from NMSC).

I have the book at home. It would be late tonight since we have a walk tonight. If anyone needs to check, message me and I will check.

thank you! @skatinglady

Here is the list for Illinois
http://adc.d211.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2016-Ill-Natl-Merit-Semifinalists.pdf

So let me understand this…commended scores include 202 nationwide?

Yes. States each have their own cut for semifinalists but commend is the same score for the entire country and this year the commended cut off is 202 so if you made a 202 on your PSAT taken in 11th grade you will get a commended certificate.

Commended is like the consolation prize. I don’t think anyone really cares unless you’re a semi finalist.

[deleted]

Even the Finalist certificate is really dinky. I can’t imagine the Commended one is something stupendously grand.

Do you get a certificate for semifinalist? My daughter just got a piece of paper with the log in info etc.