Class of 2016 Nursing Admissions!!

<p>That question would be best answered by a knowledgeable advisor from the University who can run a typical schedule for you, considering which classes are usually offered each semester. Most nursing programs do not allow enough electives for a double major within 4 years. Double majors are easier if you have AP credit or if you are willing to go an extra semester. An alternative is always a minor instead of major in public health.</p>

<p>ok feel so obnoxious, if you knew me you would know I am pretty humble. D got into UConn today too. Wow I am blown away!</p>

<p>^^^
Congrats Downtoearth to you and your daughter!</p>

<p>D got into UMass Amherst today! I am blown away and happy for her. She will have her two top choices to pick from - UNH and UMass Amherst. Phew. Now we can breathe easy!</p>

<p>that is awesome five teens! congrats to you and your daughter! Yay!
What set apart Umass Amherst from the other umass schools for you?</p>

<p>Interesting question downtoearth… D wants a residential campus, so that crosses UMass Boston and Lowell off the list. Dartmouth was a contender in my mind, but D had a decidedly ‘not right’ impression when we visited. You must be so proud of your D! UConn added to the list of ‘accepted’! If you had to pick a favorite or two of your own, what would they be? I know you said that D is playing her cards close for now. I wish I knew more about the UNH reputation, as I am more familiar with UMass, being from this side of the state. Any thoughts about UNH in the Boston area?</p>

<p>I am proud of my D and relieved. the options were varied with D1 although it worked out for the best, it was crazy. I was so stressed. This is just amazing me. I dont know much about UNH. D2 wants to do her clinicals in the city so she chose more city schools. So we didnt look at it. My niece went there and loved it. although she tried to transfer into nursing and didnt get accepted.
I dont really have a favorite. Although I am interested to see which way she will go and why. i think everyone here has a reason to be proud and pleased, we know how hard it is to get into nursing these days, and it looks like we are adding some great kids to the profession.
thanks for the input, on the mass schools.</p>

<p>so far accepted to UVM, Case Western, Umass Amherst, Catholic University, Fairfield, Sacred Heart, and Quinnipiac. so happy :slight_smile: cant decide now tho, will have to wait to get final fincial aid offers</p>

<p>Congratulations Wannab! Great choices to choose from!</p>

<p>add my congrats you have some great choices!</p>

<p>I am looking forward to hear about what people decided !</p>

<p>My D adds Hartwick College with a 21K/yr merit scholarship, and UMass Dartmouth with 6K/yr merit to her list of acceptances (no denials!). Of course she still has her heart set on UNH, so she’ll likely be attending UNH in the fall, but it sure helps boost the confidence to get the acceptance letters!</p>

<p>congrats FiveteensD!</p>

<p>So far I’ve been accepted to:
Umass Amherst
UVM
Simmons
Fairfield
Drexel
all for nursing. whew!</p>

<p>Congrats gingerlemon! Are you leaning towards one?</p>

<p>Just got my acceptance letter today for Duquesne University’s School of Nursing. :)</p>

<p>absolutely terrific news speechless!</p>

<p>^^^
Congrats!!</p>

<p>My D is now done just heard from her last school:) she was accepted at
York PA
Elmira
IUP
U Mass Dartmouth
Pace
Plattsburgh
Can’t decide between York and Plattsburgh(NY State residents) any help or input would be greatly appreciated. York is fairly reasonable so the money difference is not a big factor I’m more concerned with which program is better.</p>

<p>Thank you cecilturtle and aglages! :)</p>