Class of 2017 ~ Decisions

<p>I should post my decision since this is a decision thread. I had been denied with 1640 SAT and 3.2 GPA from the college of engineering. BUT I have been offered reconsideration for another major so maybe I’ll get in with another major since Engineering is a competitive major. The problem is which.</p>

<p>Accepted- Engineering OOS (biomedical)
gpa: 3.4 weighted
sat: 2060
SO EXCITED :)</p>

<p>I’m actually surprised I got in</p>

<p>Congrats everyone!
Got in to Engineering (mechanical) (OOS)
GPA: 3.62UW, 4.3W
ACT: 33Comp
SAT: 2050 superscored
SATII: 770 Math2, 690 Physics, 730 WH
Hoping for aid, got a few more colleges to go</p>

<p>accepted, but probably wont attend
Got in for the Hospitality major in the college of Human Sciences
GPA Unweighted- 3.83
1880 SAT
(550 M, 650 CR, 680 WR)</p>

<p>I received acceptance with everyone else who heard on the 8th
OOS (Connecticut)
Math major but switching to microbio.
Good overall application
This is my dream school!
So excited to boiler up!</p>

<p>Accepted Engineering! (computer)</p>

<p>2060 superscore, 4.0 GPA unweighted, blah blah…</p>

<p>WOOO! Now to hear from UCB, and others
I am in Oregon by the way</p>

<p>Got accepted to Mechanical Engineering! :smiley:
International student, from Dubai. B]
Not sure if attending. :/</p>

<p>I know purdue has a lot of internationals… Where else are you applying? ^^^^</p>

<p>hi, i’m from the bay area and got in undeclared liberal arts</p>

<p>accepted to nursing :)</p>

<p>Update: I got in!! I had to came my “major” from Engineering to Undergraduate Studies Program.
Stats:
-3.19 GPA
-SAT 1620 (540 on all we sections)
-ACT 25</p>

<p>I’m going to Purdue as it is my dream school.</p>

<p>Hi, I’m an international student and i’ve got admitted in Purdue. I’ve applied to TAMU and odds are in my favor. I would be going for Computer Science as my major. Both the universities seem to be having decent ranking for c.s. Being an international candidate chances of getting a scholarships are very bleak so either way i would have to spend a good amount of money. My question is which would be worth spending? In terms of jobs after graduation? Which has better recruiter coming to the campus for placements??
Also, which has better location in terms of weather, people and area outside campus, college station or west lafayette??</p>

<p>I got rejected for “Academic Expectations” I have a feeling that this is because I applied as a US freshmen with an Indian Marklist(US citizen so no choice). I really don’t understand since I though it was almost a safety for me…</p>

<p>SAT-2100
Percentage-87%
Class Rank-Top 5%</p>

<p>EC’s-much better than average.</p>

<p>I am going to appeal the decision of course because it seems unfair to me when their average SAT score is 1749 and most people class rank is top 25%ile.</p>

<p>That makes no sense… academic expectations? Uhhhh… sorry it didnt work out…</p>

<p>Hooray! Purdue is my top choice. I really hope I am able to afford it because I would love to attend.</p>

<p>Planned Major: Aerospace Engineering
Some quick stats:
GPA: 3.7 weighted
SAT: 2010(CR - 710, M - 660, W - 640)</p>

<p>Accepted today, They had a mess up where they thought I had given them American grades when in fact I study in India. This caused my grades to look like crap.</p>

<p>I got accepted for Nuclear Engineering.
International Student from Mexico.
GPA 4.3 ACT 27</p>

<p>^What was your unweighted GPA?</p>

<p>Very sad to say that son received a Denied (Program Competitiveness) for Purdue Mechanical Engineering.</p>

<p>3.5 GPA (UW) and 2010 SAT (720 CR / 680 M / 610 W). Excellent Music EC (Multiple Honors), Sports (Track), Key Club, Community Service. 5 Honors and AP Math corses including AP Calculus (AB & BC) and AP Statistics. Honors Physics, Honors Chemistry.</p>

<p>Will now pursue Mechanical Engineering degree at a different University that actually wants and values him. It was his 1st choice and left him wondering what he did wrong.</p>