<p>[/ul]Reflection[ul]
[<em>] Strengths:
[</em>] Weaknesses:
[<em>] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected:
[</em>] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected:</p>

<p>[/ul]General Comments:</p>

<p>Cool! Thanks for starting this thread!</p>

<p>Jakey,</p>

<p>Where did you get the information that RD decisions will start t come in less than 2 weeks?</p>

<p>Yeah, looks more like April 15th for the decisions: [Freshman</a> Applicant Options & Deadlines | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami](<a href=“Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami”>Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami)</p>

<p>I spoke with UM admissions on the phone and they told me they begin sending decisions out as early as early march. While I presume the majority of the decisions will come in late march to april, I figured I’d start this now to accommodate any CCs who may receive earlier decisions.</p>

<p>Good luck to all RD applicants!!! i wish you guys the best!!! <3</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 2250
ACT:
SAT II: 2 800s
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):
AP (place score in parenthesis): 6 5s, 1 4
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: 3 APs, orchestra, PE, 4th quarter calculus, French 7
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): NMF, AP Scholar w/Distinction</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): 2 international robotics awards and 4 state championship wins, concertmaster in school orchestra all 4 years, NHS prez, Science club prez, MUN prez, patent for research. Def the strongest part of my app
Job/Work Experience: none
Volunteer/Community service: 650 hours
Summer Activities: not on application…
Essays: Pretty good
Teacher Recommendation: Should have been great
Counselor Rec: Should have been great
Additional Rec: none
Interview: none.</p>

<p>Other
State (if domestic applicant): omitted.
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: very good public (top 10 in nation)
Ethnicity: URM
Income Bracket: not important…
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): URM, legacy</p>

<p>Reflection
Strengths: ECs, hooks
Weaknesses: SAT
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I don’t know… It’s a holistic application, so you can judge that.
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Accepted: Stanford, Vanderbilt (MOSAIC). Waiting: lots of other places. Rejected and Deferred: none yet.
General Comments:
Invite to Singer weekend, but not Stamps weekend. Oh well.</p>

<p>@stanfordsuccess: I believe if you had applied EA you would have been invited to compete for the Stamps scholarship.</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 1770 (Superscore)
ACT: 26 (Superscore)
SAT II: N/A
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.7
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 12%
AP (place score in parenthesis):One (4), one (2).
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: 4 APs
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.):N/A
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): NHS, Four Sports, Spanish Honor Society, Summer Programs.
Job/Work Experience:None
Volunteer/Community service: Approx. 40 hours of community service
Summer Activities: NSLC, USC Summer Program, People to People
Essays: Yes
Teacher Recommendation: 2
Counselor Rec: 1
Additional Rec: None
Interview: N/A
Other
State (if domestic applicant): New York
School Type: Medium-Sized Public
Ethnicity: Black/ African-American
Income Bracket: Middle-Class
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):
Reflection
Strengths: Strong Work Ethic, Cooperative, Leader, High GPA, Strong Character
Weaknesses:Low Test Scores
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: My essay probably sealed the deal. It is in my opinion the most important part of the application.
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Accepted to…Fordham, UPittsburgh, Iona College, LSU. Deferred from UChicago. Rejected by UT-Austin
General Comments: Believe in yourself. Test scores do not define you! Miami has a 7% acceptance rate this year but you never know! I also applied EA.</p>

<p>When did you hear back?</p>

<p>Also 7% acceptance rate???
I know they write you have been selected for a class of 2000 out of 28000 applicants or something like that so if you do 2000/28000=.071*100=7.1% but that is just the people who enroll. I think i remember hearing that they accept around 10000 of the 28000 applicants which puts them at 35% acceptance rate.</p>

<p>From UMs website: </p>

<p>"UM admits approximately 38% of undergraduate applicants to the incoming fall class.</p>

<p>We do not have statistics on the acceptance rate per program; however, we can tell you that in general, if a student is admissible to the university, he/she is admissible to his/her preferred major"</p>

<p>Most college admission sites (collegeboard, college prowlr, ect) consider UM “Very Selective” with choices of Less Selective, Somewhat Selective, Very Selective, and Most Selective.</p>

<p>Keep in mind, though, UMs acceptance rate has been dropping a bit each year. Just two years ago I think it was something like 42%</p>

<p>Decision: Waitlisted</p>

<p>Gona keep this short…</p>

<p>3.62 UW/3.7 W (significant upward trend)
29/120 Class Rank
Rigorous courseload
Graduated with honors
2030 SAT 700 Math, 620 CR, 710 Writing (1320 Cr+M)</p>

<p>Strong recommendations and very strong extracurriculars. </p>

<p>I think I was probably waitlisted because of my class rank. If I was in the top 15-20% I think I probably would have made it in. </p>

<p>Was accepted at: Boston University, Tulane, University of Florida, University of San Francisco, Waitlisted: Boston College, NYU , Rejected: Georgetown, Tufts</p>

<p>Overal I’m pretty disappointed. I thought my stats, while a bit below average, were enough for me to be admissible. Going to stay on the waitlist and hope for the best.</p>

<p>Objective:[ul][<em>] SAT I (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 800M/740CR/760W
[</em>] SAT II (subject, score): 730 Chemistry, 710 Math II
[<em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.89
[</em>] Weighted GPA: 5.102 (out of 6.0)
[<em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 5/~500
[</em>] AP (place score in parentheses): two 5s, four 4s, and a 3 :stuck_out_tongue:
[<em>] Senior Year Course Load: 5 APs, 2 honors
[</em>] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): nope
[li] Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): NM Commended, AP Scholar with Distinction, QuestBridge Finalist[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): Club swimming 9 years, Varsity swimming 4 years (MVP Junior, Captain Senior), taught myself how to develop iPhone apps (kind of “out there”, I know, but I want to major in CompSci), currently developing an iPhone app for the Everglades Foundation (pro bono)
[</em>] Job/Work Experience: none
[li] Volunteer/Community Service: ~100 hours[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>Other[ul]
[<em>] U.S. State/Territory or Country: Florida
[</em>] School Type: Largish Public
[<em>] Ethnicity: White
[</em>] Gender: Male
[<em>] Income Bracket Range: < 40k
[</em>] Hooks (URM, first generation, recruited athelete, development): QuestBridge Finalist (does that count? lol)
[/ul]</p>

<p>General Comments & Advice: This is so exciting! UM is my first aceptance whoooooo looking forward to the rest of March :slight_smile: congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!</p>

<p>@DolphinBoy did you get a scholarship??</p>

<p>@dhar32</p>

<p>I got the “presidential” scholarship for 22k (merit) and I’m hoping for some nice financial aid in the mail soon. I’m also really hoping for a Singer invite, but all I received today was the standard acceptance envelope.</p>

<p>How are you finding out? My UM? Email? Mail?</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted w/ $16000 scholarship!</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): 2120 (740 R 620 M 760 W)
ACT: N/A
SAT II: 630 (Spanish), 670 (Literature)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): ~3.4
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 3%
AP (place score in parenthesis): Language (5), US History (4), European History (3)
IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
Senior Year Course Load: AP Spanish 4, AP Macroeconomics, Ap Government, AP English Literature
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): N/A</p>

<p>Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Forensics, Academic Decathlon, Black Student Union, Drama/Theatre
Job/Work Experience: N/A
Volunteer/Community service: Community Outreach (VERY INVOLVED), Humanitarian Day,
Summer Activities: Community Outreach, CC Classes
Essays: Everyone said they were excellent, made people cry
Teacher Recommendation: Didn’t see
Counselor Rec: Made me smile, very very nice
Additional Rec: N/A
Interview:N/A</p>

<p>Other
State (if domestic applicant): CA
Country (if international applicant): N/A
School Type: Large Public
Ethnicity:Black
Income Bracket:Low
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):URM</p>

<p>Reflection
Strengths:Rank, SAT, EC’s, Essays, LoR
Weaknesses: GPA
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Rank, SAT, EC’s, Essays, LoR
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: State schools</p>

<p>General Comments: I was so surprised! I logged on the portal just to check and was greeted with Congratulations :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone! You will do great no matter where you end up!</p>

<p>$27,000 Presidential Scholarship</p>

<p>Objective:
SAT I (breakdown): Didn’t send
ACT:31
SAT II: Didn’t send
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0):3.6 (weighted: 4.6)
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable):Upper 20%
AP (place score in parenthesis):Microeconomics (4), Macroeconomics (5), Language and Comp (4), Currently taking Calculus AB, Biology, Literature and Comp and Psychology
IB (place score in parenthesis):None, sadly my school doesn’t offer IB :frowning:
Senior Year Course Load:The APs listed above along with Honors Spanish and senior ensemble (band)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.):NM commended scholar, AP awards
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): 4 years in marching band (2 years section leader) 2 years softball (1 JV and 1 Varsity), 2 years varsity Lacrosse (hoping for captain this year!)
Job/Work Experience: Worked on a blueberry farm for a month last summer
Volunteer/Community service:none
Summer Activities:club softball freshman summer, injured my sophomore summer so that was pretty uneventful, Blueberry farmhand junior summer and this summer I am hoping to get a job
Essays: Excellent, I think
Teacher Recommendation: No idea, but the two teachers that wrote them knew me inside and out so I think they were good!
Counselor Rec: He doesn’t know me at all, so I am not sure how that went. He has almost two hundred other students
Additional Rec:
Interview:
Other
State (if domestic applicant):Ohio
School Type: Public, Huge, more than 2000 students
Ethnicity:Black
Income Bracket: Less than $50,000
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):URM, first generation
Reflection: This is one of my top choices so I couldn’t be more pleased!
Strengths:Extracurriculars, Test Scores, Hooks
Weaknesses:No volunteer experience, Class rank, Unweighted GPA
Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected:There is no telling because I am not an admissions officer but I guess they saw something in me that they liked!
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Accepted into Honors at The Ohio State University, Accepted to Ohio University, waiting to hear from UNC Chapel Hill and Yale (wayyyy far reach, but I gave it a shot
General Comments: I was also selected as a finalist for the Ronald A. Hammond scholarship, I will be traveling to the []_[] the week after next for my interview!</p>

<p>@Cincygirl did you get a singer invite? Also hey I’m from Northern Ky, Newport, literally can see cincy from my house</p>