Class of 2017 - OOS

<p>I live in SW Florida and am going to be attending the School of Engineering at Purdue this fall. I heard that the Purdue's School of Engineering has a surprisingly large number of out of state students, and I was curious to whether this is true. So is anyone attending Purdue this fall that are not living in Indiana? If so where?</p>

<p>Also (directed to those living in Indiana), what should an out of stater expect living in Indiana?
I know it gets cold in Indiana and I'm a little nervous about that (I'm used to winters in FL where at most I where a hoodie). </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I will most likely be attending Purdue and I live in Minnesota.</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>This is fact. Out of the four engineering teams I’ve been on in my 4 semesters so far (11 other people), 4 of them have been from indiana. I’m from indiana myself, and I have to say to expect the unexpected with the weather. We had about 6 inches of snow here last week, and the weather changes a lot. So at least bring jeans and sweatshirts and a north face jacket until at least October break if not thanksgiving. Then bring the winter coat and boots, etc.</p>

<p>I will especially second the boots! I thought I could get by with athletic shoes. WRONG. I was asking for boots that first Christmas! Don’t forget a hat and a pair of gloves.</p>

<p>I am from the PNW, so I am quite use to rain…in fact, we never even use umbrellas. However, the rain in Indiana is quite different. When it rains, it can rain hard. Consider bringing a collapsible umbrella what will fit in your backpack for those iffy days. There’s nothing worse that having to sit through an hour lecture in soaking wet, cold jeans.</p>