Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>So I'm a senior in the class of 2014, and thought we should get our own post started where everyone who's applied to A&M posts what day they applied, when they got their UIN, and when they received their admissions decision.</p>

<p>Also, please note whether you are auto-admit or not, and if you are admitted to your major and/or honors programs. Stats would help, too! (SAT, ACT, Class Rank, unweighted GPA, Major).</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone! Gig 'em!</p>

<p>Son filled out ApplyTexas application ~2 a.m., August 1st. HS Transcript already submitted. Has not yet rec’d his UIN. Major #1, Mechanical Engineering, and #2, Petroleum Engineering. Completed Essays A, B, and C. Did not complete the Scholarship section of the application, but plans to do so within the week. Private school and home school credits. 4.0+ GPA, some AP (physics, calculus), some Dual Credit (~12 hrs). Should be auto-admit. SAT CR 660, M 660, W 770. </p>

<p>Wish the best to all applying!</p>

<p>Wow…YOu must have prepared way before the application openning date…I haven’t applied yet, but will be quite soon. The question I want to ask is whether do we need any supporting document for extracurricular activities or achievements… Anyone any idea?</p>

<p>Emportant - TAMU doesn’t seem to require additional documentation like a resume for those things, but gives you the option of mailing a paper copy of your resume in a format similar to that on apply texas</p>

<p>Howdy! </p>

<p>Applied August 1st. First choice major: Mechanical Engineering, second: Petroleum Engineering. Still have not received my UIN. Top 7.8% of my High School so automatic admit. SAT scores, Math - 670, Reading - 650, Writing - 610. Unweighted GPA is about a 3.6, weighted is 4.39/5. Planning to take BC Calculus and AP Physics senior year along with a few others.</p>

<p>Holy crap, gratz on getting your apps in early guys. I can assure you that you will both be accepted to your first choice (Mechanical).</p>

<p>I applied I believe in November and the only engineering open was AERO and ELEN. CHEN, BMEN, and MECH go insanely fast. Also Psychology (BA/BS), Business Administration, Architecture (Visualization) go really quick as well. If you’re looking for BIMS or any BIO major you can apply whenever they won’t get full.</p>

<p>hmmm. when is the deadline for an international to appy for pet E in order to be competitive??</p>

<p>I submitted just now… I didnt get anyone to help vet my essays and I can only hope for the best…haven’t mailed my documents yet…think should be mailing them by the end of this week.</p>

<p>SAT CR+Math 1450 Olevels 10As class rank top 25% for olevels class. Current Pre-U college does not give ranking; predicted results should be A/B… Hope for the best…</p>

<p>I submitted my app at 2 am august 1 as well, and have had my transcripts and scores sent. </p>

<p>Top 5% (8/179) class rank, 4.0 unweighted gpa with 9 total AP classes (including AP Chem, AP Physics B, and am also taking pre-AP pre-calculus), SAT Math 710, SAT CR 700, SAT Writing 740. </p>

<p>Hispanic female applying to 1st choice Petroleum Engineering, with 2nd choice Industrial Engineering (also would like to get into Honors Engineering). </p>

<p>Founded my school’s Key Club and am President of it for the second year, and also have been in yearbook for 3 years, in which i started as a staff member, rose to Editor and Buiness Manager, and am now Editor-in-Chief.</p>

<p>Have not yet received my UIN…</p>

<p>Hey congratz!! I think u are an automatic admit by right, no worries abt that…all the best.
Btw, when are we supposed to be given a UIN ?</p>

<p>I also applied for pet E as first choice…but I haven’t sent any document to them yet. What is the deadline for me to send them ?</p>

<p>All of your documents are required before your application can be reviewed. You need to send them ASAP. They are required before the deadline of December 1st at the latest.</p>

<p>Applied August 1. No UIN yet. Hoping for auto admit. 1360 SAT (750 math and 610 reading). 32 ACT (34 English and 32 math). 4.0 weighted and 3.6 unweighted GPA. High school does not rank. Transcript sent, resume sent, immunizations sent.</p>

<p>Also Applied August 1st. Auto Admit. 33 ACT 3.94/4.0 scale. Engineering. All documentation sent. No UIN yet.</p>

<p>Wow, tshusker you are really on the ball. My DS is hopefully auto admit as a homeschooler also. He had CR 670, M 720, and CW 560. Wish he had your DS CW, that’s a really high CW for an engineer! My DS is applying for a double major in economics and math. Transcript and other paperwork mailed yesterday so hopefully app will be complete soon. DS applied on sat Aug 3, haven’t heard a thing yet. Anyone else hear anything?</p>

<p>Those who applied when the application first starts, have you heard back anything from them?</p>

<p>I applied Monday, August 5 too. I’m an OOS homeschooler, NM commended, hopefully a semi-finalist in September, with SAT of CR 700, Math 710, W 690. Aerospace Engineering #1, Mechanical #2. 4.0 GPA with 4 AP classes for my senior year—Chemistry, Physics C, Calculus AB/BC and Computer Science. </p>

<p>No UIN yet.</p>

<p>Tiberius, you’ll have no problem getting into AERO with that profile. But make sure you’re really passionate about AERO bc I talked to a lot of ppl in Aero who switched to CompSci and MechE because of lack of jobs in aero.</p>