Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Cromette, is Hullaboo loud, quiet, party dorm? Does a freshman have a chance at a single room? I’m glad to hear your daughter is enjoying living there.</p>

<p>She has had no complaints about noise, and she is not a parrtier, and she studies in her room, A LOT!!!</p>

<p>Not sure about a single. When we saw the price, we didn’t put it as an option. My guess would be YES, if you apply for housing AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We applied the very minute the app became available. The two room suite is working out fine for her.</p>

<p>Has anyone who applied to Galveston gotten past step 3 yet?</p>

<p>what is the meaning of rolling admissions? what is the average timeline of rolling admissions?</p>

<p>Does anyone know A&M’s policies for change of mind? For example, you say yes to the acceptance letter, and pay a housing deposit, but change your mind in say January??
I have tried to find the info on the website, but was unable to.</p>

<p>EAGRRT, if I remember correctly, you have until May 1 to accept the offer of admission. I know my son submitted the housing application immediately and paid the $325 fee. I think you can change your mind about housing prior to May 1 and get your $300 deposit fee returned. However, you do lose the $25 I believe. The cancellation details are in the details of the contract that you read before you sign it and submit it. Also, I know we applied for housing once we could tell by the Howdy tabs that he was accepted. Perhaps you can apply for housing before you accept the admission offer. I do also believe the $75 app fee is nonrefundable.</p>

<p>If you want to find out for sure, just go online tomorrow and “live chat” with admissions. They are happy to answer your questions.</p>

<p>AGirl, basically rolling admissions means that they evaluate each application as it comes in, and respond accordingly rather than holding all applications until the due date, comparing them against each other, and placing one “above” another.</p>

<p>Thank you cromette. What do you think my estimated timeline for a holistic review app would be? all my documents were processed on 8/22</p>

<p>As an international academic admit, I am wondering if I will be guaranteed a spot in TAMU. It makes me wonder even more coz I have a bad feeling about my application. The AIS hasn’t changed a thing ever since last month…haiz…</p>

<p>Hi AGgirl18 I think the admissions evaluate the applications throughout the admissions period. And for the review admit, it takes a long time for your application to be processed. Be patient to wait until Feb or March next year to hear back from them. Also, I think the review admission may start only after the admissions have processed all the auto admits applications and notify them about the results. From what I have read in this forum, it seems only auto admits are informed first( usually before closing date 1st Dec) before the review applicants know about their application status. Hope that helps</p>

<p>@aggiewannabe122 I’ve seen you state multiple times that you’re an auto-admit? are you or not? If you are, there’s no need to worry… you’ll be accepted… just sit back and wait. The only people who should be worrying are ones who are not auto-admits.</p>

<p>Hey Yes I am. Just abit over-concerned abt my application. Right…I apologise if I have been annoying…</p>

<p>No, I’m just saying, if you’re an auto-admit, then what’s to worry about? Nothing really is a factor on your application because you WILL be admitted.</p>

<p>Alright,thanks :)</p>

<p>If you’re still anxious, I would call and talk to Admissions. Have you done that yet?</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten their snail mail? I was waiting to make it Facebook official until I could take a photo :)</p>

<p>Nothing in this afternoon’s mail. :frowning: According to the AIS portal, the letter was sent, or mailed?, Sept. 12th. </p>

<p>And we were doing the same - waiting for the mailed copy to take a photo!</p>

<p>My daughter received her offer in the mail today.</p>

<p>@cromette. I called them this morning ang they said they would encourage me to continue checking AIS</p>

<p>Got acceptance letter on AIS, but nothing in mail yet. We live in DFW area. Still waiting but my S did send a tweet out about his acceptance.</p>