Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Got 4 tabs today in the howdy portal, excited Hopping for the best</p>

<p>Holistic review applicant. Male
Applied September 1st. Step 3 on AIS.
GPA: 3.6 or 89.1 at college prep school. Top 33%
ACT: 31 (34 English, 28 Math, 33 Reading, 27 Science)
Applied for the College of Education as Interdisciplinary Studies Major, as I would like to be a teacher.
Plus extracurriculars and good essays.
Just wanted to hear a shoutout from those other holistic review applicants or anyone who didn’t apply for Engineering or Business. If you are a holistic review applicant and hear back from A&M let me know</p>

<p>Okay I sent my highschool transcript on Monday Oct 1, and they mailed it in via USPS. It’s been a week and a day and they still haven’t uploaded that they received it in AIS? Should I be worried or does this take a couple of days?</p>

<p>it took about 3 weeks for them to upload mine, i wouldn’t start to get worried until around 2.5</p>

<p>Got my acceptance letter today but didn’t make it to engineering, a little disappointed :/</p>

<p>Aggie18, I believe you did not get into engineering because you needed a 550 math score.</p>

<p>[Texas</a> A&M University 09-10 Undergraduate Catalog](<a href=“http://catalog.tamu.edu/09-10_UG_Catalog/look_engineering/general_info/ent_enroll_req.htm]Texas”>http://catalog.tamu.edu/09-10_UG_Catalog/look_engineering/general_info/ent_enroll_req.htm)</p>

<p>Yes this is true but my hope was to send in the new scores but i got informed today that the Engineering majors are all full :/</p>

<p>Chances of hearing today? All documents processed as of 10/8 with automatic acceptance ( 1st Qr and 1350). Anyone got an idea? Thanks.</p>

<p>Not sure who else might be in this situation, but my dd’s good friend received her acceptance letter in the mail yesterday, 10/8/13. She was NOT an auto admit, but very close. Top 11%, ACT composite 30, but ACT math score <27.</p>

<p>Hey guys, I have an sat score of 1590(CR:490 math:620 W: 480) I retook the test already and I’m pretty sure I raised my CR score to 550 and my math to a 630. My GPA is a 4.2/5 and I’m ranked 95/693. I have ok EC’s good volunteer hours and I’m a Hispanic first-gen student. I’ve been told my essays were really good. I want to major in computer science. Do you guys think I have a chance? Also, if I don’t get admitted into the college of engineering what happens? Do I get rejected from the college as a whole? Can I apply again later?</p>

<p>Edgarm116, did you already apply? If not, do it ASAP. Yes you have a chance as a review admit, especially with predicted higher scores & your class rank. If you get the University acceptance (not college of Engineering),then you apply to your major as a current student later.
[Changing</a> Majors | Academic Advisors & Procedures | Academics | College of Engineering](<a href=“http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/changing-majors]Changing”>http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/changing-majors) </p>

<p>Your status as Hispanic First Gen. will be relevant for scholarship opportunities versus admission. Hopefully your SAT score is even higher than you think and you could be in the academic admit pool - Good luck!</p>

<p>Aggies is faster than Longhorns in notification. :)</p>

<p>AG mom, yes I sent my app on October 4 and got my UIN already… I’m just waiting on those SAT scores to get sent October 24. Thank you for replying! I really hope I do get in!</p>

<p>Anyone know how long it takes for the ACT scores to be received and shown on AIS? I had them sent on the 11th. I have in my transcript, essays, and also had a letter of recommendation mailed in. Is there anything else I need or is that it? I’m kind of confused on how I will know if everything is turned in or not on AIS.</p>

<p>If all the engineering majors are full does that mean that the Biological & Agricultural Engr in the Agriculture & Life Sciences school is full too? just curious because it is engineering just not in the engineering school.</p>

<p>Got in top 8% 25 act college of science chemistry major
African American first generation don’t know if I got into my major. This is what I received did I get in.
On behalf of our faculty and students, I would like to welcome you to the College of Science at Texas A&M University. We are pleased that you have chosen the College of Science as your academic home at Texas A&M and look forward to welcoming you to the Class of 2018.
Didi I get in? Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>how important is volunteer hours? and does anyone know if the Biology major is full yet?</p>

<p>My son has automatic admit based on ACT score -31 and top 25%. He only recently got his ACT scores, so he has yet to apply. He wants into the college of engineering - computer science. I have read on here that engineering is closed. So my question is would it be better for him to wait and apply for freshman automatic admit for spring 2015 and have a better chance of getting into college of engineering then. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.</p>

<p>No now trust me first come first serve I saw this on Facebook on texas am cadets on october 3 they received 8000 applications and admitted 3000 of them so far already.</p>

<p>How long does it usually take to get your UIN?</p>