Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>About 3-4 weeks</p>

<p>Okay, thanks.</p>

<p>About 2-3 days at most</p>

<p>Okay, that’s sounds more reasonable, thanks. It’s been two days since I’ve submitted my application.</p>

<p>That’s great, you should be getting it any time now!</p>

<p>I was reading the previous posts on the beginning of the pages, and what do they mean by “AIS tabs”?</p>

<p>Does A&M require you to send in all SAT scores ever taken?
Or can you choose your best SAT score and send that only?</p>

<p>You should choose your SAT with the highest CR+Math score and send to them. The howdy tabs appear after you are given NEtid and activated ur howdy portal. You will be able to find two initially at Howdy,the applicant and home tab; and eventually four tabs on the page after you are admitted.</p>

<p>They will look at your highest CR+Math score for admission even if u send in all SAT scores. So no difference</p>

<p>Hey guys, I just joined this conversation after reading through some of the posts. I applied on October 13th and am most likely going to be an auto-admit based on my SAT results on the 24th. I am applying to engineering, but I hear that it is full. What will my options be if I do get accepted to A&M. Is it possible for me to go undeclared my first year and get accepted into the college in my second year? Please advise.</p>

<p>Hi guys! I sent in my application at the end of August, and all of my documents were finalized around mid-September, when do you think I should be hearing back? I’m not an auto-admit, because I’m not from Texas, but I’m in the top 10% of my high school (3.85/4 GPA), I have a 2090 SAT, and good extracurricular activities. I’m getting kind of nervous that I have yet to receive a decision</p>

<p>Here’s what I know
I’ve looked all over the place and some say engineering is full others say the opposite so in not sure anyone and I don’t think anyone is.
I applied September 30 as an auto admin but my scores weren’t good enough for engineering.
I got my letter of Acceptance but I have to pick a different major.
My plan right now is it send my new scores in (hopefully a 550 in math) and there might still be room for engineering.
If that doesn’t work out I think I might pick physics and transfer my second year
Good Luck everyone and Gig 'em :+1:</p>

<p>Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat of not hearing back… have any holistic review people hear back yet? I applied in September and everything was processed by September 19 and I have yet to hear anything. I called this week and she said it could be until March(??)</p>

<p>Anyways, let me know what you think of my application as far as chances go. Do I have a shot or are they just not telling me I did not get in yet?</p>

<p>I applied for engineering Sept 19 and I live in Texas and go to a high school in the top one percent of schools in the state just outside of Houston with a 3.78 gpa in the top 27% and sat math/reading of 1280. That is only two percent and 20 points outside of auto admit so I thought I had a decent chance. And as a note I also had good essays with stories about an illness that kept me from doing well my junior year and sent me to the cleveland clinic and two cross country moves including one my senior year. And then the usual all ap/pre ap classes 9th-11th and I did band/drumline and debate clubs and volunteered and nhs and worked and stuff(and I even mentioned how I visited the campus) but it seems like A&M is more a numbers school.</p>

<p>Let me know if any of yall feel like you’re in the same place right now!</p>

<p>It seams you have a good chance of getting in the school but as for engineering I my self was off 20-30 points and was asked to chose another major. That’s all I have hope it helps</p>

<p>Texan14, I am in a similar boat as you. I’m right outside of the top 25% at a prestigious private school in Dallas, yet my ACT score at a 31 is an auto admit test score. I’m different in that I’m applying for Education which doesn’t get nearly as many applications as engineering does but similar in that I have good essays and good extracurriculars as it seems you do by your post. I would say you have a very good shot of getting into the University as you would be at the top of the list for holistic review applicants seeing as how your test scores are fairly high. However it would be pretty hard for you to get into the engineering major not being automatic admit. So you would probably have to choose a different major then attempt to transfer into engineering your sophomore year. As far as when you would get your admissions decision it’s technically rolling admissions so it’s possible that you could get accepted right now but it’s highly unlikely. Right now they are focusing on getting all the auto admits in and into their majors do they won’t start focusing on holistic review admits until probably after the December 1st application deadline. I would say that since you are such a strong candidate hearing back in January would be realistic. However it indeed is possible to have to wait till March but I doubt that will happen for students like you and myself. </p>

<p>Thanks and gig Em</p>

<p>Texas Resident</p>

<p>African American first generation
Parent income 50000-60000
Act score composite 25 reading 29 science 25 math 23 English 22
Gonna to retake to bring up score to about 28-30
Any programs or activities that helped you prepare for higher education?
58/624
SAT prep classes
ACT prep Classes
16 AP/Honors classes
40 a’s and 26b’s 0c’s (hope I am not sounding cocky)
Extracurricular activities:</p>

<p>Business professions of America BPA compete in business related events. first place in regionals state and 14th place national competition 32 weeks of practice
NSHSS- National society of high school scholars-member inducted sophomore year completed 290 community service hours
National Academy of future physicians and medical scientist chosen to represent high school in the meeting in Washington for future physicians and given an award and certificate.
Presidents volunteer service program completed 135.59 service hours. Received a letter from president Obama thanking me for my work and a certificate and a medal.
National honor society NHS- volunteering and helping out the community 160 hours this summer
National forensics league NFL- debate in different completions and speeches inducted 3rd place in novice Lincoln Douglass debate second time debating
Students Achieving volunteer excellence SAVE 290 community service hours
HOSA- volunteered in retirement home and at head start program in school
Aquatics Club</p>

<p>Accepted to Texas A&M university, but is this school prestigious and how are they towards gay people</p>

<p>Does anyone know how long it takes for my sat scores to arrive at A&M?</p>

<p>About a week at the most</p>

<p>Jmlucidoagg, thanks for the input. You seem to have really good chances for A&M. Hopefully there is nothing to sweat about here but I sure wish we had a date from them. Anyways, good luck to you too and hope we hear back asap!</p>

<p>Can anyone list if they know or think what schools fill up the fastest? If you could list all schools from greatest to least that would be very much appreciated, thanks!</p>