Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>TREx - the way to send transcripts from your high school to a university is not working. So for TAMU I was told to upload my high school transcript thru AIS. They do not know when TREx will be back online. This affects all e-transcript transmissions to all colleges. At least TAMU has an alternative way to electronically upload transcripts thru AIS. The TREx system has been down for days.</p>

<p>Ok guys so my SAT score went up from a 1590 ( (CR:490 Math:620 Writing: 480) to a 1720(CR:550 Math:590 Writing:580), do I have a good chance now?</p>

<p>Hey y’all,
I received my SAT score today and it is
CR: 560, M:610, W:660
CR+M=1170
I am in the top 17% of my class out of a class of 1500 students.(biggest graduating class)
GPA: 3.96
Based on just rank, gpa, and sat, what do yall say my chances are?
I applied as a Biology major (BS).
Thanks</p>

<p>So umm, I’m on step 5.</p>

<p>Class Rank: 26%
ACT: 31 (Math: 35, English: 26)
A good amount of extracurriculars
First choice major: Industrial engineering
Second choice major: Ocean Engineering</p>

<p>Is the college of engineering full for sure?
What are my chances?</p>

<p>Howdy!!!
I was accepted on October 8th but my SAT requirements didn’t qualify me for engineering therefore I was admired with as undeclared. I decided to wait for the new SAT scores. While I was waiting I heard that the engineering department was already full. To make things short yesterday I revived my new SAT scores with a 550 in math so I called TAMU and they told me to request a major change as soon as AIS received my scores which was also yesterday. About 30 minutes after submitting the request u was ACCEPTED in to the Electrical Engineering major.
In guessing there is still room in engineering!!!</p>

<p>^ Wow, that is crazy! Were you an auto admit?</p>

<p>Oh wow I wrote that post right after I woke up excuse my grammar.</p>

<p>Yes, I am an auto admin</p>

<p>18/192
SAT: 1510</p>

<p>I just got accepted two days ago. I am a transfer student. I applied for computer science. Computer science is a major of engineering department, so it means the department is not full.</p>

<p>Hey, thanhngueyencs
If you don’t mind me asking we’re did you transfer from and what grade level are you in?</p>

<p>I just got accepted to the college of engineering last Thursday, so I know for sure it is not full yet.</p>

<p>Is there any way for review applicants to receive notification of admission early?</p>

<p>My friend was admitted yesterday to the COE</p>

<p>-ranked 9/82 (top 23%) in a Catholic high school
-submitted 3 essays & Letters of Rec.
-Involved in many Ec’s</p>

<p>SAT:
-530 critical reading
-770 math
-690 writing</p>

<p>He is a review student</p>

<p>Has anyone on this site been offered or know anyone who has been offered Blinn Team for Fall 2014? My son has a friend who wants Blinn Team and she will be a review applicant. Thanks.</p>

<p>correction : 19/82 (from my previous post)</p>

<p>Hey guys. Congratulations to everyone who has gotten accepted! If you’re still waiting because you’re a review applicant, I have some advice for you.</p>

<p>I’m currently a freshman at Cornell University. I applied to Texas A&M for Fall 2013 as a high school senior, and was offered PSA, which essentially means I was rejected. I applied with a 3.4 GPA, ranked 169/600+, and had an ACT score of 34. I also graduated high school with an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, and had a college GPA of 3.9. I waited about three months before I actually received a decision from TAMU. I was crushed when I saw my application was no longer active. I decided I would attend the University of Houston, then transfer into TAMU in the Spring or Fall of 2014. </p>

<p>Then I received an envelope in the mail from Cornell in March. The envelope contained a congratulations letter, and an invitation to a few events for incoming freshmen in April. I called Cornell, and the lady said that only some students who were accepted for the fall had received that letter. I had been accepted into Cornell. I wasn’t very happy. I was still down over the TAMU rejection. A&M was my top choice school. The only reason I had applied to Cornell was because one of my professors at my community college had graduated from there, and encouraged me to apply. </p>

<p>In late March, things began to settle. I received my official acceptance letter from Cornell, my financial aid award package, and some graduation gifts from students at Cornell. I slowly began to process the fact that I had gotten rejected from TAMU and accepted at an Ivy League School. TAMU was now in the past.</p>

<p>I’m currently doing great at Cornell! Ithaca is a beautiful place, and I’ve had the opportunity to meet excellent people from all over the world. I’ve also realized that an education is valuable no matter where you get your degree from. I’ve spoken to a few people about Texas House Bill 588 (“Top Ten Percent Rule”), and they’ve all been surprised at Texas’ way of determining students’ success.</p>

<p>So, if you’re still waiting for Texas A&M to make a decision on your enrollment, I strongly suggest you create a plan B. If you’re a review applicant who has been admitted, I applaud you for being admitted based on your actual skills and talents, not on some number that means nothing after high school.</p>

<p>I still love Texas A&M. I just don’t think the Top Ten Percent Rule is a fair way to admit students; especially those who come from small or competitive schools. </p>

<p>I wish you all the best of luck. I know senior year of high school can be stressful. Please have a solid backup plan. And parents, this is the time your student needs the most support. I know I had several emotional breakdowns (pathetic, I know) throughout my senior year. Don’t be constantly asking your student about his plans, as this can be somewhat pressurizing. If your kid decides community college is for him/her, great! The important thing is to get a degree; it does not matter from where. Parents, you’re all the best!</p>

<p>If anyone has any questions for a 19 year old college freshman who was rejected from TAMU, feel free to contact me! I’ll be glad to answer some of your questions.</p>

<p>I apologize for the long post. I have no homework tonight and I miss Texas.</p>

<p>my son got an acceptance package from TAMU, my alma mater, today (-:</p>

<p>Wow, thanks for sharing! I agree that the top 10% rule isn’t fair at all. It sucks going to a competitive high school. I have a 3.6 and I’m in the top 14. Hopefully I get accepted, but who knows. The 34 on the act probably helped you a lot to get into Cornell, Congrats! Good luck to everyone getting reviewed!</p>

<p>sorry did not see OP on 1st page</p>

<p>DS applied mid Octobers.
Major: Biochemistry.
Top 25% (there’s no ranking at his school).
SAT scores, Math - 790, Reading - 800, Writing - 780.
Unweighted GPA 4.0.
Acceptance offer today</p>

<p>Congrats chouter21! My nephew is a sophomore in CS at Cornell and seems happy there. I visited Cornell with my daughter, and it is so beautiful! Just get plenty of warm clothing when you come home for the holidays!
Our state of Texas has lost many students I know to other great schools…in part because of the top 10% law.</p>