Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Emportant, don’t wait for the deadline. Send them in as soon as possible. Are you waiting to take a test or something? What is outstanding?</p>

<p>Thanks TAMU P-M, it really is a passion of mine. However, I’ll need some scholarships to make it happen.</p>

<p>Right cromette, I have submitted the online application but not sure whether my teacher has mailed my documents on my behalf or not. The school procrastinates a lot when it comes US university application…haizzz… not even sure my SAT scores have arrived. I asked college board to send on 26th July… scores should be in by now.</p>

<p>Anyway, has anyone heard of any cases of internationals who had successfully applied for finaid? Yeah…same as u@ TiberiusShift…I also need some support to make it happen…:(</p>

<p>Applied August 1. Admissions confirmed application and all supporting documents have been received. They said UIN will be sent by Friday. My high school does not rank and I am wondering how long it takes A&M to assign a rank. My am confident my grades put me in the top 25 percent.</p>

<p>This is for TAMUG so not sure it will apply for those of you who applied to TAMU, but since Galveston is simply an extension for some specific majors and the UIN’s are issued out of College Station anyway (from what they told me) it should be the same.</p>

<p>My son applied Aug. 1st, and even though he’s an auto-admit and we’re not so anxious about the actual decision, he just wanted to get his UIN to apply for housing and try to get into one of the new dorms at TAMUG. (And housing isn’t open yet for Fall '14 anyway, as it turns out, so it’s a moot point.</p>

<p>Anyways, I called on Tuesday to make sure I didn’t need to go ahead and send over the meningitis proof before his app would be processed, and I asked if there was an average on how long before UIN’s were issued. The guy I spoke with said “usually 24-48 hours, your son should have it by now.” We had been repeatedly checking the “college account” we set up to both have access, and there was nothing, not even in spam. They pulled up his info and said his app was complete and the UIN had been issued, but they couldn’t give it to me. Between band camp and work he finally got the chance to call himself yesterday, and he is happily UIN-equipped and NetID activated and Howdy Portal enabled now. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I wonder if this is a more widespread issue with UIN’s being sent out and going <em>poof</em>, or if it’s just an issue with the Galveston campus, or just with my son? Who knows… but wanted to pass on the info!</p>

<p>Applied Aug. 1, just got my UIN and am on step 3- Review Application Credentials! Fingers crossed</p>

<p>D also applied Aug 1st and just got her UIN number via email. On step 3.</p>

<p>UIN was received. High school does not rank but A&M already assigned my rank to the “first quarter”. Now I know I am an auto admit. Engineering is my planned major.</p>

<p>Son rec’d UIN today.</p>

<p>Received my UIN today, so they are moving along as I completed app 08-05.</p>

<p>Application sent 5th August. documents not sent yet. Test score shuld arrived. They gave me UIN today</p>

<p>For all you engineering-hopefuls out there - I just spoke with an Engineering Dept. front office and was told that for fall 2014 incoming engineering freshman they will not be assigned “petro” or “mech,” etc., but will all come in as general engineering. That’s what the deans have told them so far. The depts are still not too clear, however, on how they will later (prior to or upon completion of CBK courses) have the students pick or apply for their respective disciplines (perhaps by GPA?).</p>

<p>Thanks for the info on the UIN numbers coming in. I checked and DS had his. They also had already received his snail mail transcript , ect. And now we wait:). Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Can you submit you admissions application and then apply for scholarships later on applytexas?</p>

<p>Arachne, yes…at least that’s the way it was last year</p>

<p>Do i need exceptional ECs for the admission or a good sat score (2ooo) ,good high school rank( top 3%) and community service is enough?
International student here !
Plz answer !
Thanks</p>

<p>I think you’re in, no problem, based on the stats you posted in the other thread.</p>

<p>Thanks man</p>

<p>i know some one very experienced , who told me that any out of state as well as in state student must enter the realm of 2100+ SAT score if he wants to be considered seriously for admission , otherwise , no chance !
This made me gloomy ! :frowning:
It that right ? Ur opinions are appreciated !</p>