Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>And @haha778 TAMU gives you a percentile based rank according to your school profile. You may be an auto admit if they rank you top quartile.</p>

<p>@CFISHER The way it was explained to me was that everyone at this point would be admitted by review whether they are automatically admitted or not… that is for the engineering department. Not all departments.</p>

<p>@GOTTANBEANAGGIE So are they remaining engineering slots first come first serve among everyone? Or almost like a holistic review of all engineering applicants?</p>

<p>^ I would like to know that too, if you applied later do you not have a chance for engineering at all?</p>

<p>@cfisher @jaylssa At this point I am speculating. The rep did not offer any more explanation that what I had originally wrote. However, it is my understanding, that it was strongly urged to apply as close to August 1 to increase your chances to get into engineering. I know people that applied at midnight on 8/1 to better their chances. Sorry I don’t know more. I would call back, but was on hold for 40 minutes.</p>

<p>Thanks, I’m in the same boat. Strong candidate for engineering but it was a last second decision to apply here</p>

<p>@fall14 I am</p>

<p>Right now I am not in the top 10% of my school, but this semester I made all As and a lot of people made many Bs because they are slacking off. If I do move up to the top 10% when our new ranks are released…could I be automatically accepted or not since it’s past the deadline?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know anything about the amount of spots left in the business school? I applied on August 1st and my stats are on pg. 31 #455</p>

<p>@cfisher: I am too. T^T</p>

<p>I was a little late in applying to engineering also. I emailed the admissions office, and this was their reply:</p>

<p>“As an automatic admit, it typically takes about 2-3 weeks to hear back from Texas A&M University on your admission decision. Automatic admission only guarantees your admission to the University, but is not an automatic admission to your top choice major – as majors are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis after you have been admitted to Texas A&M. The College of Engineering has reached their automatic enrollment limit and will be conducting a review for the remaining spots in their program. They will be conducting this review over the next couple of weeks and will notify students of their decision regarding the student’s spot in the College of Engineering by January 15. If the College of Engineering is full, or you are not admitted from their review process, we will notify you and help you select a major that still has available space.”</p>

<p>@PsynMS Does that mean they are looking at only review applicants, or they are doing a review of all applicants?</p>

<p>Does the recommendations of counselor and teachers affect their choice?</p>

<p>Daughter accepted last night! Time from “4 tabs” to Step 5 was 4 (long) days. </p>

<p>Good luck everyone and… GIG 'EM!</p>

<p>@DadLife Could you please remind us what department your daughter was trying to get into. By review? Congratulations!! I have been on the 4th tab since August :/</p>

<p>@DadLife… I have seen others post this as well, but what do you mean by “4 tabs”? Are you referring to Step 4??
Also congrats to you!</p>

<p>@Astary He’s referring to the 4 tabs in Howdy (Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finance).</p>

<p>I just talked to an admissions person and they said that your major doesn’t affect how long it takes for you to get in, but I find this hard to believe because many people from my school who have lower GPAs and tests scores than mine have been getting in…I applied on August 1st at midnight and I don’t even have the 4 tabs yet. I am also very close to being automatic so I feel like I should’ve gotten in already…anyone else in the same boat? :/</p>

<p>Smashley1 I’m pretty much in the same boat as you. I’m close to automatic admission with my SAT score (1280 CR + Math) and I’m 15% with good extracurriculars. I applied on August 1st as well. However, it seems like a lot of people I know with lower SAT/ACT scores and ranks are getting in, but they’re majoring in less common areas whereas I’m hoping to major in business. I check my howdy account about every 45 minutes hoping to see 4 tabs haha</p>

<p>@LLKTS27… thank you for clearing up tabs vs. steps. I have been referring to the steps. Now I see I only have 2 tabs. Now I will keep a closer eye on that. @smashley1… Same boat as you. Very close to automatic (top 11%, 1280 M&CR, lots of community service and extracurricular). I applied on 8/5. Applied to mechanical engineering. I only have 2 tabs. :(</p>