Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Curious to know… is anyone hearing that they have NOT been accepted??</p>

<p>I was finally accepted to the Engineering College! What a relief. For anyone who wants to know for comparison, my application was completely finished on 11/21, and I was an automatic admit. I was accepted on 12/6.</p>

<p>Congrats @PsynMS!! Do you recall how long it took to get to what steps on your AIS?</p>

<p>I submitted my applytexas application on 11/17. It was processed on 11/20. Once they got all my required documents, I entered step 3 on 11/21. I didn’t get to step 4 & 5 until 12/6.</p>

<p>Thanks for that</p>

<p>GOTTABEANAGGIE If it makes you feel any better I know someone last year with a 1260 SAT top 13% and he was accepted into engineering, although I’m not sure the specific type. I know the criteria changes year to year on who gets accepted depending on the amount of applicants, but I’m sure it wouldn’t change too drastically within one year.</p>

<p>rara14! I have the same CR+Math and I’m in the top 13%. I am hoping to major in business as well haha! I was just confused when the lady I talked to said that your major doesn’t affect getting in but obviously it does…the people I have heard of that got in are not majoring in business or engineering, etc. haha I’m just so anxious!</p>

<p>GOTTABEANAGGIE: Same M&CR score, top 13% lots of extra curriculars and community service. I applied to business on 8/1 and everything was processed on 8/6 I only have 2 tabs too :(</p>

<p>Smashley1 I totally understand, I feel like I’m going crazy waiting for a decision! I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. When I met with an admissions counselor I was informed that last year anyone with a 1260 Math + CR with at least 600 in each, and was ranked in the top quarter was admitted to the university just not necessarily with their desired major, so that should at least give us all hope! The counselor also predicted that the required SAT score for admittance this year would not fluctuate more than 20 points so if that’s the case then we’d be admitted based on that alone! :D</p>

<p>Here are my questions from anyone who has been accepted. Do they notify only M-F 8-5p or on weekends or has it been 24 hr times, 7 days a week</p>

<p>^^^ I have the same question. Is it even worth my time to keep checking on the weekends/after 5 on weekdays?</p>

<p>@GOTTABEANAGGIE No problem! </p>

<p>@smashley1 I changed from step 3 to 4 on a Sunday… but maybe that was because my AIS was down since that Friday. o.o</p>

<p>again my question is…. do they offer only M-F 8-5pm or do they do it on weekends and at anytime. This is from #4 to #5. Are all offers done this way, even Blinn offers, rejections or are rejections done in a letter through the mail. My oldest son went to A&M and graduated 2013 but just could not remember how it was done. My youngest applied Aug 14 and still hasnt heard anything, still stuck on #4</p>

<p>aggiespop: what is number 4? I applied august 1st and have been on step 3 since august 6…</p>

<p>well maybe we on the same page… #3 will review application credentials, then still showing #4 will communicate admission decision. Nothing further sine late August</p>

<p>@aggiespop I was confused about the # until yesterday. People on this forum are referring to the tabs NOT the steps on the applicant page. When you log on to howdy you will see at least 2 tabs… “home” and “applicant”. This is where people are checking for additional tabs to be added. Hope that helps - some.</p>

<p>yes we have those and I hear they go to My Record and Financial tabs , but on the steps themselves I am showing 3 ( reviewing application credentials) and 4 ( communicate admission decision). I guess #5 is the accept the offer if it ever comes</p>

<p>aggiespop: I have exactly what you have I am on 3 and 4 also shows but not 5…must come when the offer comes. Patiently waiting for the offer since August…</p>

<p>I am very glad for all that makes it, especially the auto admits… I hope that as the review admits start to be heavily admitted that they will respond to the activity leading up to the event to give the rest waiting a step by step account to the great or bad news. Once a few get admitted they dont seem to continue to discuss on this thread very long afterwards Again, congrats to all who become Aggies</p>

<p>My daughter applied to A&M two years ago - top 18%, GPA 6.13 out of 7, 200 plus volunteer hours, all AP and honors classes, and an average SAT score. By the time she graduated from high school, she had already completed 1 1/2 semester of college credits. She applied for the school of Liberal Arts. She was a review admit and she had to wait until mid March to find out that she didn’t get accepted into A&M (not even Blinn team). You are correct, the decision will be on the website (4 tabs on the Howdy website) and it will also show up on the AIS website that a decision has been communicated. The rejection letter arrives in a normal size envelope containing one sheet of paper. Update: After the initial devastation wore off, she decided to stay at home, attend community college for a year, really pump up her grades and try again. She was accepted into the school of Liberal Arts in fall of 2013 as a psychic major. Her acceptance letter came in a large packet with tons of info about the college, housing, etc. She is loving every minute of her time at A&M!! My advice if you’re a review admit, sit back, take a deep breath, make a plan B just in case, enjoy your senior year and chill out… Nothing else you can do. Mid to late March seems like a long time away but it will be here before you know it</p>