Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>thanks AGmomx…btw did anyone with academic admit status (top 25%, 1300 two part) get admitted already and how long did it take? (sorry if this has been answered already its a long thread)</p>

<p>Plenty of academic admits have been admitted. It took my son about 2 weeks to get the response back in August. I know several that got admitted yesterday.</p>

<p>Should I call them. It has beeen more than 3 weeks since I submitted mine. :frowning: I am shaking right now</p>

<p>Applied on 11/21 and received acceptance to TAMU and COE on 12/5 - Academic admit, NMSF.</p>

<p>This waiting is just killing me. Really putting a damper on my holidays and knowing I probably won’t hear anything until is upsetting. By review, application submitted 8/3 for mech engineering. 1280 CR & M, top 12%. Any opinions if it is worth the wait if you get approved so late that you can’t be in the degree plan of your choice? And what if you can get in engineering but all of the LLC dorms are full? Seems like you would be given the same opportunities to succeed. Any comments?</p>

<p>I will be so upset if I don’t get in :confused: I doubt I’ll attend A&M if I get in but don’t get engineering, that doesn’t seem smart at all. </p>

<p>Stats: Top 13%, 1480/1600 (770 M 710 CR); 2190/2400</p>

<p>^You should be an academic admit. When did you apply? Your math score will probably get you into engineering.</p>

<p>I applied November 21st and they received my transcript on Novembrr 26th and it still doesn’t show as being processed. I highly doubt I’ll get into engineering.
If you get into the college later, does that affect the merit aid you get? I was hoping to get the out of state tuition waiver</p>

<p>I am in the same boat with you 5am5996. I applied on the same day, and was complete Nov 26th. STILL WAITITNG! ARGGGGG</p>

<p>5am6996, Were you a National merit semifinalist?</p>

<p>OK seriously y’all are automatic admits so why do you care? Some of us turned in our stuff in August and still haven’t heard back…</p>

<p>@Perazziman I’m not :frowning: so mad at myself for not studying for the psats.
@smashley1 it’s about getting into COE! If I had any idea that it was this competitive, I would have applied August first myself</p>

<p>oh sorry! I didn’t realize you were specifically talking about COE</p>

<p>Thrilled to report that my daughter just got accepted as a review admit for full admission to class of 2018! </p>

<p>I know I’ve watched this thread for any shred of hope for review admits, so here are her stats: Top 28% at very competitive North Dallas area public hs. 33 ACT. Good amount of community service and volunteer hours, average amount of hs involvement and steady part-time employment. Accepted to College of Liberal Arts. Whoop!!!</p>

<p>thanks for letting us review people know. Congrats to your daughter. We will keep hoping.</p>

<p>Congrats! When did she submit her app?</p>

<p>@Sam6996 She submitted her app on 8/6/13. We were not expecting to hear anything until March, so December decision is a huge relief.</p>

<p>That’s awesome, congrats once again!
I am finally on Step 3 so I am relieved that at least they have and have processed all my materials. I hope I reach Step 4 soon! The wait is killing me</p>

<p>@5am6996 It took a while for A&M to assign you a rank?</p>

<p>Well I was on Step 2 for about 2 weeks so it took some time. My school ranks though so I’m not sure why it took so long. They put me in as Top 14%, which is weird because it says Top 13% on my transcript but as long as I’m in Top 25%, it shouldn’t matter much right?</p>