Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>My school ranks as well and I had my rank on my transcript, but I was top 13% and they put me in as top quarter…does this matter?</p>

<p>Where in howdy does it say the rank they’ve assigned you? Mine just says 60/384 which is my rank over the total amount of seniors in my class, it doesn’t list out an actual rank.</p>

<p>Son got in last week. OOS, review, business major, applied Oct.<br>
3.8 from highly rated out of state school that doesn’t rank. Tons of EC’s including sports and work and community service, 27 ACT. Good luck everyone.</p>

<p>I wasn’t looking in howdy for my rank. On the AIS page under the credentials required for admissions where it lists everything you sent them it says Transcript (assigned first quarter rank). I just don’t get this because I had my rank put on my transcript, my school ranks, and I’m in the top 13%</p>

<p>Accepted into #1 Psychology and #2 Biology.
I’m OOS, and my school does not rank. My stats were 3.88 GPA and 29 ACT.
Good luck!</p>

<p>Hi, I am an international student( Indian CBSE student) who has applied to Texas A&M. First choice Mechanical Engg and second choice Petroleum Engg. I have a few questions:

1. Though I submitted all my transcripts by 30th November, they not yet been processed. I also sent my Essay A and Essay B on 30th November but on AIS it says that they were recieved on 3rd December. Does this mean I applied after deadline and so my application will not be considered.
  2. Is dwight look college of engineering different from college from engineering.
  3. My SAT scores are CR:620 Math:710 Composite: 1330 My high school rank is top 10%(10/139) in a very competitive school with highly rigorous curriculum. My ninth and tenth grade CGPA is 10/10. Subject tests Math Level 2: 800 Chem: 740(Retook in Dec) Phy:710(Retook in Dec)
    I have almost 30-35 hours of community service. I also played for my school cricket team, I won the science and social science exhibition for two years running, represented my school at national level for same, I have a merit certificate from CBSE and also many prizes for debating, elocutions, maths projects,etc. What are my chances of getting accepted</p>

<p>@ Texasbound and BK1349: how long ago did you guys apply?</p>

<p>How long does it take after you’ve gotten the tabs on Howdy for the official decision?</p>

<p>So is this 4 tabs on Howdy thing true? What are the additional tabs that appear called?</p>

<p>@smashley1 Yes, when you have 4 tabs in Howdy, you should be able to click on the Applicant tab, then on Manage Applications, and you’ll see a message that you have been accepted. From the Applicant tab, you should also be able to click on the AIS/Check your Admissions Status button and see that you are on step 5. You can also click on Correspondence button at the bottom of that page and see your acceptance letter.</p>

<p>If I applied to the COE does anyone know when review applicants will find out if they got in?</p>

<p>What is this howdy thing. is it found on the AIS?</p>

<p>The Howdy portal is just kind of a one-stop interface for all things related to your application, admission, and enrollment. <a href=“Howdy Security Block”>Howdy Security Block;

<p>You can access AIS directly or through Howdy.</p>

<p>I have 4 tabs but when I click on manage application it still says under review, is this normal? Also I am an auto-admit so not sure why it says under review</p>

<p>Same here bark39</p>

<p>Sorry for asking again but no one answered my question.
I am an international student( Indian CBSE student) who has applied to Texas A&M. First choice Mechanical Engg and second choice Petroleum Engg. .I applied on 24th NovemberI have a few questions:

1. Though I submitted all my transcripts by 30th November, they not yet been processed. I also sent my Essay A and Essay B on 30th November but on AIS it says that they were recieved on 3rd December. Does this mean I applied after deadline and so my application will not be considered.
  2. Is dwight look college of engineering different from college from engineering.
  3. My SAT scores are CR:620 Math:710 Composite: 1330 My high school rank is top 10%(10/139) in a very competitive school with highly rigorous curriculum. My ninth and tenth grade CGPA is 10/10. Subject tests Math Level 2: 800 Chem: 740(Retook in Dec) Phy:710(Retook in Dec)
    I have almost 30-35 hours of community service. I also played for my school cricket team, I won the science and social science exhibition for two years running, represented my school at national level for same, I have a merit certificate from CBSE and also many prizes for debating, elocutions, maths projects,etc. What are my chances of getting accepted</p>

<p>@shadow you should call the admissions office for an official answer to your application question. BUT, unofficially, I’d say this year you are most likely in luck. Unlike previous years, they have extended deadlines for supporting documents. The full name of the College of Engineering is the Dwight Look COE, so it is the same thing. I’d say your chances are quite good. You are an academic admit, so you will be accepted to the university but will have to compete for your engineering major when they will look at all of your credentials to make their decision. Hope this helps - and do contact the university directly - it is a valid question easily answered by admissions as to your application status. Good luck!</p>

<p>Ok Thanks for ur help. I will contact them regarding my first question.</p>

<p>AGmomx2 " You are an academic admit, so you will be accepted to the university but will have to compete for your engineering major when they will look at all of your credentials to make their decision."</p>

<p>I don’t think admissions would answer this question so I am asking it here.
Based on my credentials, what do u think is the probability that i will get Mech engg or Petroleum engg. And I forgot to mention this before but my essays though not the best that texas will receive are quite decent.</p>

<p>Thanks in Advance</p>

<p>I have not gotten the official admission decision, but in AIS it changed my chemical engineering major to chemistry, so I think I can safely say I was not admitted to the College of Engineering. I am an out of state auto admit with a 2100 SAT (1460 M+CR) and a 4.23 GPA on a 4.0 scale and lots of extracurriculars and leadership.</p>