Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Gottabeanaggie I posted a thread about this. It means he, along with other prospective engineering majors, will be reviewed again for the last few seats.</p>

<p>any review admits get into engineering yet?</p>

<p>Incase y’all didn’t see this message: the university is closed until January 2nd and AIS will NOT be updated over the break…bummer was hoping to have a nice Christmas present :frowning: hoping to get in by my birthday in January</p>

<p>where is that posted?? i can’t find it anywhere on the website. they should be working over break… most schools are</p>

<p>They’re not working over break. It’s on the AIS. “Texas A&M University is closed for the holidays, and will reopen Thursday, January 2. AIS will not be updated during the holidays.”</p>

<p>Just got admitted to engineering with CS track preference</p>

<p>November 30 - Submitted App
December 18 - All documents processed
December 20 - Decision on</p>

<p>Stats - White, male, out of state, 36 ACT, 4.0 unweighted GPA, mostly AP classes, no class rank, mediocre essays, great recommendations, decent extracurriculars with a few leadership positions and awards.</p>

<p>Really glad (and surprised) to have a decision so quickly. I was going to spend Christmas break filling out other apps but now that I have this acceptance I can take an actual break. </p>

<p>Just checking if I understand this correctly - I don’t apply for engineering honors until later? I didn’t miss a deadline for that, did I?</p>

<p>Should I be worried that as an academic admit I haven’t been accepted, everything processed by the third</p>

<p>Got in Computer Engineering(EE Track). Really glad. Stats: SAT 2080(M:740,CR:670) Indian guy residing in India(US Citizen). 86% in academics (Physics,Chem,Math,CompSc,English). Great Recommendations, Decent Extracurriculars(One International Competition and High School BBall Team). Im glad they gave me my result at the end of November , really took some stress off me :)</p>

<p>@HateBeinSober When did you submit your documents? Was it through AIS or mail?</p>

<p>@eeshlikhith I mailed them because I couldn’t get on AIS early enough. I figured the only way to get it all in on time was to mail the documents.</p>

<p>Son applied 12/1 to COE: Petroleum as 1, and Aerospace as 2. </p>

<p>He’s OOS, from a top 100 HS in the nation that doesn’t rank. Just checked AIS, he is in the 3rd step, and it says that his class rank was processed on 12/18, and it states “1st Qtr rank assigned by TAM Admissions; no numeric rank provided by HS”.</p>

<p>Does this mean that my son is an academic admit?! </p>

<p>He only has 2 tabs in Howdy, and it clearly says that his application is still under review, so no admission yet. BUT…the “1st Qtr” assignment by TAMU is a good sign, yes?</p>

<p>@ProudMom23</p>

<p>From the admissions website: [Freshman</a> | How to be Admitted - Office of Admissions | Texas A&M University](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted]Freshman”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted)</p>

<p>To be auto-admit </p>

<ul>
<li><p>rank in the top quarter of their graduating class;</p></li>
<li><p>achieve a combined SAT Math and SAT Critical Reading score of at least 1300 with a test score of at least 600 in each of these components; or achieve a composite ACT score of at least 30 with a test score of at least 27 in ACT Math and ACT English (students must take the writing component of the SAT and/or ACT in order for the test score to be considered);</p></li>
</ul>

<p>@TexasAtHome Yep, I know the academic admit requirements. What I was wondering (but failed to ask clearly) was whether or not the line I quoted means that TAMU has granted him top 25th percentile ranking.</p>

<p>My son has the rest of the requirements met, I believe. So it was that ranking assignment that we were most concerned about (since his HS doesn’t rank).</p>

<p>@ProudMom23</p>

<p>My son got the same message about being assigned 1st Qtr rank. He was admitted as an auto-admit because of his SAT scores. </p>

<p>We homeschool and TAMU puts homeschoolers in 1st Qtr.</p>

<p>I am an auto-admit in the school of engineering (top 25% and 1300 + CR and M. I applied the sunday before thanksgiving break and went to Dubai. I got back last week and I got my acceptance letter. I was worried that I applied too late and wouldn’t get rolling admission into engineering, but the acceptance letter was dated about 10 days after i submitted my application. I believe people were saying that rolling admission stopped in the middle of october too.</p>

<p>Rohank1996, you had previously posted you applied 9/1, so that would be why you would be considered in a different group than those who sent in apps later. I’m guessing you meant to say you submitted requested documentation mid- November and not a new application, correct? Congrats on your acceptance.</p>

<p>Son applied in September. top 19% at one of Texas’ largest high schools. GPA 4.5 on 5 scale. 1260 SAT composite (actually has 1300 across two separate tests), ACT 29 composite. under review. called today and was told Mays Business is full and he would hear something by March. accepted at Texas Tech Business, Baylor, SMU, Fordham Business (NY). </p>

<p>really dissappointed to hear business school is full. still keeping options open but frustrated.</p>

<p>^
Did they say the Mays Business school was full for review admits as well as automatic admits, because I believe there is a difference? I know they leave a certain amount of spots open for review admits whether it be the blinn team route or full admission after admitting all of the automatics so maybe your son still has a chance at getting into Mays or his second choice major.</p>

<p>I’m an academic admit everyone processed by DEC. 3rd…is it strange I haven’t been notified of acceptance yet?</p>

<p>Found out our son was admitted yesterday. He is a review admit. He originally applied for the business school but we were told it is now full for both auto admit and review. He was accepted into the school of architecture. Found out he was admitted by the AIS website - we noticed they took off his first choice and moved his second choice of schools into the #1 spot. My son decided to call the school admissions office and talk to a counselor. That’s when he found out he had be admitted. Today all the tabs on the Howdy page are open for viewing. Hope everyone who’s still in review will hear soon - GOOD LUCK and Gig’EM!</p>