Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>I have seen a lot of posts from review applicants in Mays and COE. Anyone out there in college of Science who is a review applicant? I have an 11%'er with a 29 ACT looking for a decision.</p>

<p>I’m a review applicant for the college of science too, 27% with a 2120. I applied pretty much right before the deadline though, so no decision yet.</p>

<p>any other auto/academic admits not accepted yet?</p>

<p>Good luck. Keep us posted of any news!</p>

<p>I thought once A&M hits their threshold of auto and academic admits the remaining review students are selected based upon credentials and not by when they applied.</p>

<p>I heard that it was based on when they applied, as long as they aren’t terrible students, on a first come first serve basis</p>

<p>Just spoke to Admissions . Here is the answer for AIS notifications. They said they update AIS every morning for the work (notifications) completed the day before and update it only once per day M-F. He didnt state what time in the morning but he stated you need to check Saturday mornings also for Fridays notifications. He stated checking once a day is all that is needed</p>

<p>I spoke to admissions about review applicants and he said that people who submitted everything earlier are looked at first and have priority over those who submitted their stuff later</p>

<p>And the lady I spoke to said the best times to check AIS are Thursday and Friday in the afternoon</p>

<p>Did they say when all decisions should come out by?</p>

<p>they said mid-late march</p>

<p>Shoot… I applied on November 1st for Petroleum Engineering but they processed all my things on December 19th right before the break. I am second quarter with 1300 (700 Math and 600 Reading) on the SAT. I really hope I get in…</p>

<p>I was just admitted to the College of Liberal Arts! It took awhile for them to assign me a rank, but I was eventually classified as an academic admit.</p>

<p>What I don’t understand is that Mays business school is full but my 1st choice major is still Mays…it hasn’t changed…any one else?</p>

<p>@Smashley
Same here, have you been accepted yet? I haven’t and I’m an academic admit</p>

<p>I put Mays as my first choice and it has not changed as well. I’m hoping that maybe they’re waiting to see if the people who have been admitted accept their offer to Mays or not which could open up some more spots.</p>

<p>oh okay, I never thought of that. I know of several valedictorians at my school who put Mays as #1 and obviously got in a while ago, definitely aren’t going to A&M, but just haven’t declined yet so hopefully some spots from people like that will open up!</p>

<p>hey guys
I’m on step 3 AIS
first qtr rank assigned
with 1290- math 720 and cr-570
both majors are engineering…
so do you think i have a chance?
HOOK: I’m an international student…will that help? you know… i’ll add to the diversity and all lol:p</p>

<p>@chanceme1830 international student isn’t necessarily good. depends on which country.</p>

<p>@getoveritnow
“international student isn’t necessarily good. depends on which country.”
could you please elaborate on that?</p>

<p>well I’m from India…is that a problem?</p>