Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@Texan14- wait until you hear your decision, seems like there has been lots of information this year that hasn’t been true in regards to COE. Good luck!</p>

<p>I called the Office of Admissions and the rep told me that all review decisions will be updated in AIS by the end of February.</p>

<p>@Texan14 that is complete BS.
COE is not full.</p>

<p>soooo if on campus housing is nearly full, where are admitted review people expected to live? is there a chance that housing could free up when people decide they are going to a different university?</p>

<p>correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t one select campus housing after accepting the offer(they’ll surely attend A&M)
bcuz if that’s the case and the housing is full…no chances of any spots opening up unless someone opts out of it.</p>

<p>@chanceme1830</p>

<p>Listen buddy that’s what the Houston prospective center told me so unless someone from the school told you otherwise, I wouldn’t call that BS. I haven’t been accepted or denied yet so there’s no bias… just saying what they told me.</p>

<p>@AGmomx2</p>

<p>Thanks! I’m not optimistic about the COE but might consider other options so I’m still hoping for the best.</p>

<p>Admitted on 1/16 into Mays business even after confirming earlier that week with someone in the admissions office that Mays had been full for weeks. Turns out Mays had reserved a certain number of spots for review applicants that had met a set criteria for SAT/ACT scores.</p>

<p>Regarding dorms, you can sign up once they accept you for admission. That does NOT mean you have chosen A&M to attend. Deposits are refundable until May1st (decision commitment day). Commitment to attend is the sign up for NSC which is non-refundable & like getting a concert ticket - when it opens for sign ups be ready to get online for the early dates! Secondly, the honors dorms & corps take some of the students off the regular housing lists, as people choose/get notified to reside in those dorms by membership. Then there are those who have best friends with late acceptances & choose to go off campus with them. Then there are some who opt for off campus since they change their minds or wayyyy off campus & go to another university.Like admissions, housing counts on some of these but it is a statistics game. Off campus there are several dorm like apartments(with meal plans), houses & more non-dorm like apt buildings. Sorority houses are only options starting sophomore year for existing members. Hope that helps. See 5B on the housing contract for refund info.- you get $300 back if you cancel.<a href=“http://reslife.tamu.edu/sites/reslife.tamu.edu/files/download/onlineServices/housingContractSemester1415.pdf[/url]”>http://reslife.tamu.edu/sites/reslife.tamu.edu/files/download/onlineServices/housingContractSemester1415.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Has anyone that is a review applicant and majoring in education heard back??</p>

<p>@ksea14 i am a review applicant majoring in special education and have not heard anything back yet. My stats are on page 50 of this forum. </p>

<p>@bwiggy I am also majoring in special ed. We have roughly the same stats. </p>

<p>When do they release residence hall assignments? I just submitted my housing application and I’m not optimistic about getting into one of the really good dorms because I applied so late, but if I did it would make attending A&M seem much more desirable. I’m not sure whether that would happen before or after commitment day on May 1st, though.</p>

<p>Do they give out rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis? Or is there any chance that they’d give me my first preference even if other people asked for it first? </p>

<p>review applicant majoring in education, haven’t heard back either.
2000 SAT (640 CR 690 M 670 W)
220/720 rank (31%)
3.5 GPA
wrote all 3 essays and i have a few but not a large amount of EC’s</p>

<p>from what i’ve gathered since i’m not top quarter my chances are pretty hit or miss so i’m just waiting it out and praying for a miracle. </p>

<p>housing assignments come out during the summer, after the May 1st date. In the past, they filled rooms based on requests - then filled in later when people opted out of their housing request with people at the end of the list who have not yet gotten an assignment (rather than moving everyone is how it was explained). </p>

<p>I talked to an advisor and they said that the system is updated once a week. Does anyone know that day? </p>

<p>I think it is updated every thursday.</p>

<p>AIS is updated daily, however it is only updated when you’re admission decision is made and they only make admission decisions once a week. That’s what they admissions office told me. </p>

<p>Has anyone who is hollistic review been admitted into the college of health and education? </p>

<p>Any review applicants get into A&M as a biology major?
If so, what were your stats?</p>