Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>I was accepted this afternoon into the liberal arts college! Review applicant with 25 ACT 1720 SAT lots of EC’s, applied november 11th, application processed november 14th! anybody know when I will be getting my packet? so excited and relieved!</p>

<p>doodledog, congrats! I’m still waiting on my letter… what was your GPA? and also were you a national Hispanic scholar? I know a few girls from my school who got in because of that alone</p>

<p>I got accepted today as a review applicant and majoring in special ed!</p>

<p>@madsmitch my school doesn’t rank but I was in the first quarter! & no, i’m not any sort of merit scholar, ha.
@ksea14 congrats!</p>

<p>UPDATE:
Total review applicants: 17000
Total accepted last year = 5,000( including Blinn,PSA etc.)</p>

<p>“Approximately 1,700 decisions have been made out of the holistic review pool. We are still on track to send most student’s final decisions by the end of February. There could be a few that trickle out in early March, but it will be very minimal (less than 1,000).”
-TAMU admission’s office</p>

<p>Last year’s STATS-
85 % applicants were in the top qtr.
1230 average SAT
27 average ACT</p>

<p>best of luck!</p>

<p>////AIS is updated overnight(Tuesday/Thursday)…so check your AIS every wed and friday.</p>

<p>^chanceme1830 - what is the link to the update page?</p>

<p>@ksea14 what are your stats? </p>

<p>you can find updates on texags dot com</p>

<p>Anyone else majoring in education heard back?</p>

<p>@bwiggy 1700 sat, ranked 8/51 top quarter, tons of extracurricular and volunteer hours and I submitted on August 1st</p>

<p>@bwiggy 24 act</p>

<p>@STEPDATA </p>

<p>update as in my update for you guys lol…this is the information I’ve collected from various other forums…and I typed it down…don’t worry… this info is legit</p>

<p>The texags site has this info on it- go to forums-academics-admission posts (1st one) posted by an admissions representative.</p>

<p>actually it was my understanding that the admissions office updates AIS every monday and wednesday but it becomes available for us overnight on tuesdays and thursdays. I was told to check tuesdays and thursdays! but i still check every day just in case haha </p>

<p>Does anyone know the situation on housing? I heard that all on campus housing is filled, and I haven’t received my admissions decision yet but if I get accepted I don’t know what to do about housing.</p>

<p>bstimson,once you get your acceptance try on campus housing website (it wont let you sign up, if it is full). The off campus housing that have meal plans ( especially those on the border of campus) provide the same ‘experience’ as on campus housing-- meaning: mostly freshman live there, they have activities to meet/greet, meal plans so you don’t have to cook -bonus, they have kitchens too, they are not far from your classes since the campus is so big - you might be closer to some classes, they have parking, and are full of friendly aggies. So, don’t panic - there are other options :)</p>

<p>@aggiemarilyn </p>

<p>No harm done in checking everyday or multiple times a day (:
However they do update it overnight on tue and thurs…I know this because I’m an international applicant…the time here is 12 hours ahead of yours…and at that particular time^^ it says AIS is down( its a bit annoying).</p>

<p>@bstimson
The right thing to do would be to contact them. A lot of false info is circulated on these threads so you know email them or call them. Anyway even if on campus housing is filled…so what?..I’ve heard that off campus housing is just as good(probably cheaper).</p>

<p>For people who have been admitted— when did your your AIS status change? Was it in the morning or randomly during the day? I’m just wondering if its pointless for me to check throughout the day, if I have already checked in the morning. </p>

<p>@Agmomx2 @chanceme1830 Thanks so much! Hoping I’ll get accepted and have to deal with that problem :)</p>

<p>according to an admissions rep AIS should be updated by the end of the business day! so I would check around 5</p>