Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>nothing happens to mine as well.I am getting nervous</p>

<p>Hmmm…just look at my son’s and I see nothing different.</p>

<p>I just checked AIS and I noticed that my first college and major choice changed from mechanical engineering to general engineering. What is up with that? Has that happend to anyone else? My second choice of Chemical Engineering is still the same.</p>

<p>Same here. I think all engineering applicants had it changed. The new thing at TAMU. Everyone goes to general for the first year. Then you apply to you discipline at the end of you first year from what I hear.</p>

<p>What kldat1 said for engineering majors. If your first choice was some other major and it changed to second choice, then it would be that the major/department you first chose either turned you down or was full. Since it is the engineering department, I heard the same thing what was said above that they just lump you all into general engineering.</p>

<p>My son’s portal gained the two extra tabs a couple of weeks after he applied August 1st… still on step 3 though. =/ This is for Galveston though – not sure if that matters, it’s the same Howdy portal, but just wanted to toss that out there.</p>

<p>My son’s status has also changed to General Engineering. Still on step 3. Hopefully, students will start receiving letters next week.</p>

<p>^mtreys I believe that is incorrect. It did not change to the second choice it was just replaced with General. Starting in 2014 we have been told ALL engineering students would go to general engineering. It isn’t because they were turned down or full for a specific discipline. Just the way A&M is going to do things.</p>

<p>kldat1 - yes, you are correct. For the engineering as long changes to general engineering and not a second choice major (outside of the eng. dept) you should be okay. It’s when it changes to second choice major that is out of the dept. that you might need to be a tad concerned.</p>

<p>I’m trying to get onto AIS now but it says that AIS is temporarily unavailable, while I was able to log on this morning… hopefully this means they’re doing a lot of decisions today??? Does anyone else have this problem?</p>

<p>catcat34, yes I am having the same problem. Hopefully you are right and when AIS comes back up we will have moved to step 4…</p>

<p>Same here, Catcat34.</p>

<p>Texasz, I have the same problem. And my S major has changed to General Engineering.</p>

<p>I called the TAMU admission office and they said acceptance letters will start being sent out this week for auto admits.</p>

<p>Earlier this morning my first choice major changed from mechanical engineering to general engineering and I just checked again this afternoon and now it has changed back to mechanical engineering. This is odd. I am going to stop checking AIS…the wait is driving me crazy!</p>

<p>well…Still nothing happened to mine, no extra tabs,step 3, even the major is unchanged. Even though I am an auto admit, I am still very worried about what this means to me. haizzzzz</p>

<p>Last year the AIS updates happened on Wednesday for majority of applicants. It is still early in the process, even for auto admits!!</p>

<p>Nothing still</p>

<p>Still nothing for me either! I’m an auto admit that applied August 1! I have my four tabs in howdy portal but I’m still on step three in AIS. Yesterday, I wasn’t able to login to AIS either! Hopefully we will move to step 4 tomorrow if the rumor is true that they only update AIS on Wednesdays!</p>

<p>Nothing new for me either. Still on step 3 and only 2 tabs on Howdy portal. Maybe tomorrow - finger crossed.</p>