Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@rara14 Hopefully so. Is your second major still posted?</p>

<p>@hopefuleyes Yes, it is. Is yours? Oh and what was your first choice major?</p>

<p>@rara14 Biology. When did you apply?</p>

<p>@hopefuleyes I applied in early August, that’s why I was surprised it took awhile to hear back, and my rank and sat were fairly good.</p>

<p>@rara14 I see. What’s your major? I applyed early November. I am very nervous about this. Perhaps we will find out Friday</p>

<p>@hopefuleyes I applied for Business Administration. I just found out today that 3 other kids from my High school found the same thing on their AIS page today, and one student just got accepted to Blinn TEAM, so I think this is good news.</p>

<p>Rara14
I believe that means you are being considered !
I would check Howdy and see if you have 4 tabs which could also be a good sign. </p>

<p>Just got blinn team, ais hasn’t been updated. stats
sat: math 570 reading 670 writing 640
gpa: weighted 4.0 unweighted like 3.4 I think???
top 12 %
extracurriculars: school tv broadcasting, NHS, interact, drama club
no reccomendation letters
national scholar award</p>

<p>I’m pretty glad I’ve been waiting since October!</p>

<p>@ashley669 Since AIS hasn’t been updated how did you find out?</p>

<p>@rara14 sorry has
I don’t know why I put hasn’t my bad</p>

<p>Oh okay! Well congratualtions!!</p>

<p>@rara14 Does this mean we still have a chance to get into full admission for our second major? Or do we get Blinn TEAMed overall?</p>

<p>@hopefuleyes Would you mind posting your stats? </p>

<p>@hopefuleyes I’m not really sure but if I were to guess Id say they are probably only considering us for Blinn Team at this point, however I could be very wrong.</p>

<p>Hey guys keep your hopes up. I just got accepted to Gateway. My stats are horrible due to extenuating and extreme Medical circumstances, but TAMU has proved to truly be holistic in their admission efforts. </p>

<p>I had a class rank of 350/642 and honestly did not even expect Blinn Team. Super surprised to get Gateway instead. </p>

<p>Plenty of EC’s and very strong essays probably helped a ton. </p>

<p>SAT composite of 1140 when applied. Retook with higher results later but did not send to this University.</p>

<p>My transcripts were horrible, but I submitted a letter from my school district detailing the situation and explaining that they were incorrect and in the process of being corrected. </p>

<p>GPA when I applied had to be 2.6-2.8 surely not over 3.0. </p>

<p>Don’t give up hope!! Literally ANYTHING can happen.</p>

<p>Getting an acceptance was great but on campus housing is completely full for the fall, unless you’re Corp or Honors program (I believe).</p>

<p>@hopefuleyes My AIS finally updated and I got Blinn Team, so yours should update soon!</p>

<p>I applied on september 1st and am still waiting to hear back, my ACT is a 28 (Math=30,CR=29, Sci=30) and i have a weighted GPA of 2.9 of 4.0 and in 3rd quarter(#52/103) and i have done all 3 essays, i have over 120 community service hours and have worked at Starbucks for the past year, also Team captain of my varsity baseball, varsity soccer and varsity football teams. do i have a chance of getting in? also i go to a competitive college prep school so most top quarter are looking at ivy schools to put my grades in perspective</p>

<p>@rara14 I got Blinn Team as well!</p>