Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@texmich, do you progress to step 5 if it’s a denial? I’m not sure you do. Are there any other changes in Howdy or AIS?</p>

<p>@KelsAg88, I believe you go to step 5 no matter what. Anyone else have any insight on this? I’m dying for my daughter to get home from school so she can let me know what it says! No other changes on Howdy or AIS.</p>

<p>Good Lord, this is torture. Haha! Not funny, but still laughing at how stressful this is for the kids and, even more so, for us moms and dads!</p>

<p>@KelsAg88 Jon told me.</p>

<p>They offered me the stupid PSA. I just hate myself right now and I can’t stop crying because I worked SO hard. :(( </p>

<p>I’m really sorry, @krishkray. It’s not fair whatsoever- I only had a 1390 but I’m going into Univ. Hons this fall. You’ll do well at whatever university you pick, the Texas percentile admissions system is a horrible way to pick the most talented incoming freshman. </p>

<p>If you applied to other private schools I’m sure you’ll get accepted to a great one, and if you accept the PSA I’d be glad to show you around campus next year.</p>

<p>I emailed Jon today and he told me that “there still hasn’t been a decision made” on my application, what do y’all interpret this as? It wasn’t a denial, but he also didn’t give me an acceptance, he just told me to “hang in there”, Nothing on my AIS or Howdy has changed </p>

<p>@krishkray what exactly did Jon say to you in his email to you if you don’t mind me asking, and i know many people who got offered PSA that are taking it because they want to go to A&M so badly, but I’m sure you will do great things no matter what university you end up going to :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Whats psa</p>

<p>Well the agonizing wait is over. My daughter was offered PSA also. She was dissapointed, but it cleared the way for her to accept her offer to Baylor. There was a great scholarship attached to it so, here’s to the future Baylor Bear! It’s a done deal! Very best of luck to all of you guys with acceptances of any kind, and those still waiting, and those whose bright futures will be at other colleges. This extremely talented group of kids will change the world!</p>

<p>@135pipe It’s where you can go to Texas A&M Galveston or Corpus or an other campuses associated with A&M but not located in College Station for a year then transfer to A&M. </p>

<p>Basically like ut cap </p>

<p>Can someone explain exactly what PSA is? </p>

<p>PSA is an automatice acceptance to Texas A&M Kingsville, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, or other affiliated A&M college, where you go for the Fall of 2014 and Spring of 2015, and if you maintain a 3.0 or higher with 24 or more credits, you are guaranteed a transer to College Station. It’s a good deal if you want to be an Aggie no matter what. My daughter just didn’'t want it that badly.</p>

<p>@texmich If A&M doesn’t work out for me then I will also be attending Baylor, if it wasn’t so expensive then I would have already accepted their offer, but even with the scholarship I received it’s crazy expensive. Best of luck to your daughter, she will do awesome at Baylor it’s beautiful and a great school :)</p>

<p>I got Blinn Team. I feel like most of the decisions that came out today were blinn or psa.</p>

<p>Thanks @TAMUHons014, I’ll have to decide between the PSA or Texas Tech. But which school is it that you go to? If I do the PSA it’ll be nice to know someone already. I desperately wanna be an aggie.</p>

<p>@texasgirl1995 He said “unfortunately” 8-| they have more eligible applicants than they can accept and that I’ve been offered PSA blah blah. My AIS now says the same thing. I don’t know, I might do it because Tech is really far from where I live and my family won’t get me a car if I go there. (They don’t trust me to drive that far alone b/c they think I’m a 2 year old still I guess). I wanna go to LSU, but I get free tuition if I go to a public school in Texas.</p>

<p>@texmich I wish I applied to Baylor, but I waited too late -__-</p>

<p>krishkray, i’m a mom. I really do feel for you. my daughter was offered cap last year by UT Austin. She didn’t take it. While she hasn’t been miserable at the school she selected, she’s still trying to transfer into UT for the fall. I know it isn’t what you wanted. I know you’re disappointed… you’re entitled to that. What I want to encourage you to do is really think about where you want to finish your education. If you want that diploma to read Texas A&M College Station, then do the PSA. You will NOT believe how quickly a year goes. My daughter would be smooth sailing into UT right now if she’d just chosen CAP. She was just so angry about it. Pride and emotion took over. I love the school she chose, but ultimately it’s her call. Sometimes your path doesn’t go directly from a to b. The zig and the zag holds lots of lessons. Good luck to you and to everyone else awaiting their admission decisions! </p>

<p>@krishkray I also almost went to tech but its about 8 hours away from where i live, But i agree with @txforever, my boyfriend just got offered CAP at UT and he’s going to take it because he’s always wanted to go to UT, so i feel like if you want to be an aggie badly then go for it, because a year isn’t a long time AND you’re guaranteed in rather then trying to transfer and it being difficult! </p>