Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@texasgirl1995 you’re right, the transfer process is strenuous…at least at UT. Is your bf going to UTSA? </p>

<p>@txforever Yes! he’s visiting the campus on Wednesday so hopefully he’ll like it, I’m just glad that he’s not letting his pride get in the way of him following his dreams of going to UT :smiley:
now if a&m could just give me a decision that would be awesome because this whole waiting thing is taking it’s toll on me </p>

<p>@txforever, I know it’s so difficult not knowing! Hang in there! I thought the campus at UTSA was beautiful.<br>
San Antonio is a great, fun city…plenty for y’all to do when you’re visiting. I hope your dreams fall into place. </p>

<p>So basically if your option to switch majors is not an option anymore that means they have an answer its just not posted yet? or do y’all think its only for the people that get offered PSA? I got CAP offer from UT. I got into Petroleum engineering at OU but out of state tuition is very high.
Never mind my option to change majors is still there </p>

<p>Just got to Step 5. Blinn Team was correct! Seriously considering it. How difficult would it be to transfer to Computer Engineering from Blinn Team?</p>

<p>@krishkray</p>

<p>Lib Arts, Economics. Tech is meh, I’d much rather take any form of transfer with potential to go to a better school</p>

<p>hit me up if you want to talk about w/e</p>

<p>@txforever Thank you I appreciate your kind words. I honestly mean that. I am extremely disappointed (for a few hours I said screw A&M…), but you’re right - I REALLY want to go there. So I suppose I’ll do the PSA.</p>

<p>@texasgirl1995 I know… I’m gonna just hold out for a year at one of the PSA schools and go the next year.</p>

<p>Got Blinn Team, which unfortunately I will be declining in favor of either Florida State University or UT Dallas.</p>

<p>@krishkray have you considered going to Texas A&M Galveston for a year? </p>

<p>Everyone I know who has gone absolutely loves it. You’re a full time A&M student, so you get “aggie” hours, which count towards getting your aggie ring. There’s even a section of football tickets specifically for Galveston students, and they still do all of the typical Aggie traditions. However, instead of entering as a “transfer” after a year at PSA, you would be doing a “change of major” to your major choice at College Station</p>

<p>Just something else to consider. </p>

<p>@southernbelle13 I don’t know much about that…but it isn’t apart of the PSA program. I actually live close to Galveston and rather not stick around. Trying to see my hometown in my rear view mirror, ya know?</p>

<p>@Krishkray hahaha I completely understand… the only advice I can give you about PSA is not to go to Tarleton. A good friend of mine is there and she is absolutely miserable. Apparently she will only have 8 hours of transferable credit after this year because they require you take all of these pre-credit course, and then the only freshman English teacher they have refuses to give As to anyone.</p>

<p>@southernbelle13 Oh my god thank you for telling me that! I only wanna be stuck at this PSA school for 1 year! If you know anything more, PLEASE let me know.</p>

<p>I got PSA as well for college station and since i want to become an Aggie i was wondering how hard would it be to change my major from Applied Mathematical Sciences to computer science after my year is complete? I was also wondering on your guys’ opinions on the following colleges. These are the ones i was offered for PSA:
-Corpus Christi
-Commerce
-International
-Kingsville
-Prairie View
-Texarkana
-West Texas </p>

<p>My brother goes to the Corpus Christi campus and he will be a senior next year. He says he really likes it! When he was a freshman he was planning on switching to the main campus after a year but didn’t end up doing it because he liked it so much. It may just be his personal preference. But I thought that may be helpful. Also its near the beach :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@txforever - Do you mind sharing where your daughter went? My daughter is in the exact same boat - so disappointed by both of her offers to UT and Texas A&M. She is contemplating Tech - but I am concerned that her attitude about it is so poor that she will be regretful.</p>

<p>I know someone who’s daughter loves the Corpus Christi campus! </p>

<p>Corpus Christi…enjoy the view and the water!</p>

<p>I have a friend who goes to Corpus Christi as well and she loves it!</p>

<p>I think I’ll choose corpus christi as well, the way you guys are talking about it. But do they give you all the transferable credit you need to go to college station after one year? </p>