Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>For those that got offered PSA, how long after your ability to change majors disappeared before your AIS updated to Step 4 or 5? My daughter is still at Step 3, but her link to change major has been gone for over 24 hours. Still says Fall 2014 application and still same major she applied for, so I don’t think she is getting Blinn Team or Gateway. Was assuming that means she headed for PSA or outright denial, but nothing yet???</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>There is why you were not and academic admit. You were not in the 1st quarter.</p>

<p>“People far less deserving”? What a bitter attitude. You might want to check that. It’s quite insulting to other young men and women who ALSO worked their butts off, despite what you might think. When it comes to holistic/review admissions, everything is taken into consideration, including (but not limited to) academics.</p>

<p>@AGmomx2 They didn’t accept everyone who was in the top quarter is what I’m saying. I’m not speaking solely for myself. I didn’t used to be in the top quarter like I am now, but for my SAT I did get a 1500, and yes they denied me admission. Although I did get PSA so I’ll just have to live with it for now. Also, some others who got scores WAY higher than me didn’t get in. That’s why I believe the whole auto admission thing is rather iffy.</p>

<p>@lfh380 Yeah, I know… I’m grateful I at least got something. It’s just a big disappointment when you don’t get into the school you’ve always wanted to go to. Hopefully freshman year will go by quick and I’ll be at College Station before I know it! </p>

<p>@gonnabeebroke Either your daughter is getting outright denial, PSA, or acceptance (BUT only if her tabs on Howdy changed means acceptance, so it could be the first two). I wish her luck! I hope she gets in and if not, one of the other offers.</p>

<p>@CentralTXParent You can take it however you’d like, but I was only speaking of individuals I know personally (some even related to me and friends of mine, they even admit they didn’t deserve it) and I did say people who worked their butts off deserved their admittance. I’m just blunt about the things I say.</p>

<ul>
<li>Oh and sorry if that offended you…sir or ma’am? I honestly meant no harm.</li>
</ul>

<p>@kldat1 Thank you for clarification, but what about the SAT requirements?</p>

<p>Got Team Blinn this morning. My stats: top 11% 56 out of 478 students but ACT low 23 GPA 3.4. Got CAP at UT but I think I would rather be an Engineer than an Aggie so I might just go with my acceptance at OU Petroleum engineering. :-t </p>

<p>@ledezmas77 That’s great ^-^ Good luck to you!</p>

<p>Hi there, who exactly is Jon and is there any way I can contact him to find out about finding out about my application status? Good luck to everyone, the wait is almost ridiculous!!</p>

<p>I AM BEYOND HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I just accepted into Blinn Team, which was what I was hoping for (besides full admission of course). My stats are on page 62. :)</p>

<p>@Priyanka8 Jon is the admissions director. You can email him and he will tell you your admissions status. jon(dot)buchanan(at)tamu(dot)edu Give him your name and date of birth. GOOD LUCK!!</p>

<p>Good luck to you at College Station @sloan32 ! You’ll have a blast. :O) </p>

<p>I still haven’t gotten any update on my AIS and im really scared that it means im getting denied. I sent my application the first week of november. My GPA is a 3.8 im 139/697. I have a lot of extra curricular activities and im in a lot of clubs. This is my number one choice i feel like everyone has gotten notified except me!!!:(</p>

<p>@krishkray - You have the SAT score but you ALSO must be in the top quarter to be an academic admit and that is where you didn’t qualify. You qualified on only 1 of the 2 criteria. Your lower scoring friends that were admitted must have had the required score of 1300 and be in the top 25%. Remember rank and test scores don’t necessarily correlate. </p>

<p>You can look here <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted&lt;/a&gt; for the details.</p>

<p>Thank you @krishkray!!! I couldn’t be happier I waited 6 months for that email. :smiley: </p>

<p>@kldat1 I saw something about top 50% and 1300+ score. Is that outdated? My friends got 1200 something and are in second quarter. They weren’t auto admits, it was based on other stuff.</p>

<p>You seem to know a lot, do you know anything about PSA?</p>

<p>@Priynaka8 The wait is ridiculously nerve wracking for everyone, but it seems to be a shorter one than last year (if you can believe that). Jon is with TAMU’s admissions office (an assistant director, I think); he moderates the TexAgs academic forum. His email is jon.buchanan at tamu dot edu. Good luck. </p>

<p>Hang in there @gabyb96 I know it really sucks, but I doubt they rejected you. You at least got gateway, blinn, or PSA. It’s possible they haven’t decided yet too. And if you do get PSA like I did, I could talk you through it if you’d like and share what I’ve learned about it so far. I know it’s nerve wracking.</p>