Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>I feel you on that @sloan32 !! I heard things get a bit wild at A&M so be careful! lol</p>

<p>Can anyone familiar with other TAMU campuses provide guidance for a PSA kid? My son is unsure about the various TAMU campuses, but wants the best experience possible before transferring to College Station as a sophomore. </p>

<p>A good friend (Aggie alum, family of Aggies) has a son at their Corpus Christi campus. He’s happy there. Don’t know details, but it seems to be a popular choice.</p>

<p>Thank you @krishkray !! Ill keep you all updated on how my admission goes! <em>fingers crossed</em> Oh and whats the difference between gateway, Blinn, and PSA?</p>

<p>@jrm9766 Most people have said they love the Corpus Christi campus! That’s where I’ll be going. If you go on their website you can send admissions a message and they’ll contact you and give you more information and details.</p>

<p>Hi folks, my son received his PSA notification tonight. Does anyone know if that is the final decision? Meaning he had Business admin as his first choice major and Petroleum Engineering as his second choice, but all the PSA college/programs look science related. I don’t see any for Business? Was wondering if it’s possible the PSA is related to his second choice and if he could possibly get a different decision related to his first major choice of BA.</p>

<p>@robtybrand Texas A&M doesn’t take your choice of major into consideration for their decision, like some schools. I would imagine PSA is a final decision.</p>

<p>@krishkray…how are you feeling about everything tonight? are you starting to wrap your head around a speedy year in Corpus? it sounds like lots of people really love that campus. hope you’re feeling better about everything. sounds like answers are coming for many. my best friends daughter is still waiting! her status doesn’t seem to have changed at all. no difference on the tabs, etc…can anyone clarify what that means if anything?? thanks! </p>

<p>@txforever I’m alright. I’m still incredibly disappointed and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crushed. But, I plan to just go ahead and go to Corpus Christi for a year despite my family yelling at me and trying to discourage about it. For your friend’s daughter, I’d say they haven’t made a decision on her yet. But if she emails Jon like I did, he will tell her. </p>

<p>@robtybrand It’s definitely the final decision. Unless they made a glaring mistake somewhere, they won’t go back on their word. I wish it wasn’t final though.</p>

<p>Don’t know if this has been previously mentioned or not, but for those of you who were offered PSA may want to consider attending Blinn in Bryan for a year. I know several people who have done that and were able to transfer to A&M after just one year. Just in case some of you wanted to live in Aggieland next year rather than live elsewhere. </p>

<p>@southernbelle13 I don’t think I wanna go to community college though…no offense to those who are, but I don’t think it’s for me. Do you think the chances are better than PSA?</p>

<p>Well, it depends. What major are you looking at @krishkray?</p>

<p>The only thing about going to straight Blinn is your not guaranteed admittance the next year. So if you screw up or get behind you could be stuck there for another whole year. Where as with PSA you are guaranteed a spot at A&M the following year. Just something to think about :slight_smile: That is what a lot of my friends are dealing with UT CAP with UTSA or ACC</p>

<p>I REALLY wanted biomedical sciences and animal sciences, but since that’s no longer a possibility, I’ll have to do Biology BS. I wanted to double, but I don’t know if I’ll have that option.</p>

<p>@lfh380 Yeah! That guarantee is a big factor! For me at least. </p>

<p>I just e mailed Jon, does anybody know how long he takes to respond?!</p>

<p>@krishkray if I were you, I would set up a meeting with an academic advisor in biomedical sciences, biology, or animal sciences, and ask them what your best course of action would be. </p>

<p>Could someone familiar with the Blinn TEAM process help out a nerve wrecked student right now? </p>

<p>My daughter is currently on Blinn TEAM. What do you have questions about?</p>