Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>I was able to apply for housing!!! Still on step 3 though…</p>

<p>Aggieboys, I was under the impression all scholarship applicants had to fill out the FASFA, but I could be wrong. My oldest filled it out every year and got some grant money from Texas his first two years. His award letters always came out at the end of March. He never received an academic scholarship, so maybe that is different.</p>

<p>Ok. So we (dear Son) can apply for housing without having received his acceptance? We do have 4 tabs, so I guess we will attempt. How much is deposit for those of you who did apply? Also, how many choices do you put down? How do you know which dorm is best, besides looking at price which may not be reflective. I know my S has mentioned the new Hullabaloo Hall, but I just don’t know if it’s worth it. Any ideas?</p>

<p>My son is an engineering major. He wants to be in the engineering learning community. So that is mosher, decision made. The deposit is 325, pretty much non refundable. I think you can get some of it back until oct 1. As far as dorms, really it is a personal choice. Hullabalo is supposed to be nice, it is expensive. Really the mods are very nice, I lived in one many years ago, good usable space. Then the decision is southside/north side. I was on ns, I became good friends with the chicken :slight_smile: not sure what the ss does :). I’m so excited for my son! These were some of the best times of my life, I met and married my soulmate there :)</p>

<p>So, if I am able to sign up for and pay for housing now, the deposit anyway, does that mean I am in?</p>

<p>Undecided - I sure hope so. I would hate to lose my $325.00</p>

<p>Tonight my son was able to apply for housing. His first choice major is petroleum engineering, when he selected Mosher (it’s listed on the first step under LLC) the following message popped up: New for fall of 2014 all engineering students are required to submit an additional application. He made the decision not to select the LLC option, if you don’t select Engineering LLC, Mosher will not show up on the next page. You are allowed to choose three choices. My son decided on Hullaboo as his first choice since he wants a private room/bath. He will change his first choice to Mosher if accepted into the engineering program.</p>

<p>Terry338, we applied and chose Mosher as 1st, Dunn as 2nd. We rec’d no such message about a second application. By the end of the process the system showed “Fall/Spring Housing Application: Received,” and our choices, with “Mosher Engineering Cluster” as #1. Curious.</p>

<p>If you choose 3 dorms, and later want to change your preferences, is that possible after you have paid the deposit for housing? Just want to make sure we don’t mess this up.</p>

<p>Aggieboys- yes, you can change your selections.</p>

<p>Tshusker- I hope another user who has chosen Engineering can confirm that they also received the same message my son received when clicking on Egineering LLC learn more. You will not see the message unless you click on the learn more link. The message has left us with many question/concerns.</p>

<p>My son is still on Step 3 however he gained two additional tabs that he did not have since his last login to Howdy. He just applied for housing for the fall. His first choice was Mosher Engineering LLC. </p>

<p>Terri, I do not recall seeing anything about the additional application being required if you chose the Engineering LLC in Mosher. </p>

<p>tshusker, Where did you see “Fall/Spring Housing Application: Received” ? </p>

<p>Congratulations to all the new Aggies in the Class of 2018!</p>

<p>Hey aggiering, can I know when your son submitted his application? Thanks</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe122, he submitted his application on August 1.</p>

<p>So, I just filled out the housing app for my S. I was able to choose Mosher 1st, Dunn 2nd (it tells you to do this if selecting the Engineering LLC, and Hullabaloo 3rd. No roommate preference. Also his major still says "Freshman-Engineering (Computer Science track), which is what he chose.</p>

<p>For those of you wondering, in the housing contract, it states you can make changes until May 1, 2014. Also, full refunds until some date in Spring. I’m assuming that if we can apply for housing, then they are accepted and it’s now just a formality of receiving the acceptance letter.</p>

<p>I did not see anything about a separate app for Mosher LLC either. Based on what I saw, Mosher is for freshman students.</p>

<p>Still showing Step 3 in AIS.</p>

<p>AggieBoys,thank you for the clarification about housing for the Engineering LLC. In “our” excitement :wink: we must have totally missed the step after we selected Engineering LLC as his first choice that Dunn should be his second…oops! So is Dunn also going to be an Engineering LLC?</p>

<p>Aggiering, I’m guessing if they fill up Mosher then they start filling up Dunn? I don’t know, I was just following instructions. My son thinks he has plenty of time to apply for housing, but I did read that they go by date of housing app. So I went ahead and filled it out since I’m the one paying anyway. I prefer that he be with other Engineering majors and I like the advantages listed in the LLC brochure that I found on the housing page. Of course, I need to run it by my husband (Engineer, Class of 82) to see if it’s a good choice, because I went to that school down Hwy 6.</p>

<p>I’m so excited for all of the current Seniors and future Aggies! BTHO-bama!</p>

<p>Aggieboys, that makes sense to have an additional Commons’ dorm for spill over to Mosher. My son chose two Northside dorms as his 2nd and 3rd choice. I definitely agree on the benefits to being in the Engineering LLC. </p>

<p>I heard that as soon as you get admitted, that you should fill out the housing app. </p>

<p>Agreed, BTHO of bama!</p>

<p>Anybody on step 4 or 5 in AIS yet?</p>

<p>I am still on step 3…</p>

<p>I still have only two tabs…guess it’s because I applied late. I submitted the documents around the end of August…:(</p>

<p>STILL on step 3:( hoping to see it move to step 4 or 5 before the end of the week…</p>