Class of 2018 (Class of 2014) Regular Decision Results

<p>@SALSRL I haven’t received anything yet. Still waiting</p>

<p>@ayitsbrittany do you know if any deferred applicants have heard anything yet? </p>

<p>I checked my canelink and i dont see anything. Any other music majors hear anything?</p>

<p>mine is also empty…any theatre majors? should i be worried if they didnt post anything that i wont get in??</p>

<p>@SALSRL @ever08 I don’t know about the general population of deferred applicants, but I haven’t received any notification of a(n) acceptance/ rejection on cane link. I checked the communications section. Have you heard anything yet?</p>

<p>Accepted!!!</p>

<p>SAT 1: CR: 650 Math: 730 Writing: 650 Total: 2030
SAT 2: Math II: 700 Biology: 670</p>

<p>GPA: No GPA but have IB Predicted Grades
Biology HL: 6, Math HL: 4, History HL: 5 English Literature SL: 6 Spanish Ab-initio: 6 Chemistry SL: 5</p>

<p>US Citizen who went to an international school for high school in India</p>

<p>Extra Curricular: Taekwondo: Junior Olympics, Black belt 2nd Dan, (12 years)
Basketball Varsity: Coach and Captain
Founder of After school Taekwondo Club and Fitness Club
Model United Nations: THIMUN hague and THIMUN singapore
Piano for 7 years
Lost 40 pounds during freshman year
Community Service: Teaching Tibetan Monks English: North of India
Helping at a school for kids with Cerebral Palsy</p>

<p>@ayitsmebrittany Nothing on cane link either. Still only the original deferral letter from last month. I hope we don’t have to wait until 4/15 like it says on UM’s website.</p>

<p>@SALSRL Aw man it says 4/15 on the website?? I do hope we find out before then as well.</p>

<p>I don’t understand why we aren’t hearing back now. The deferred people are considered regular action applicants. </p>

<p>I know. They have had our applications for months now. :(( </p>

<p>anyone gotten anything on cane link? Im out of town so I can’t check my mail for a week</p>

<p>Nothing yet on ours.</p>

<p>my D canlink says letter decision letter mailed and when you click on “view/download” it it doesnt do anything and wont show the results any others having this problem?</p>

<p>My D’s cane link still only shows her original deferral letter from Feb 2. No new communication.</p>

<p>@thewait22 download mozilla firefox and try to download the letter on that web browser. the same thing happened to me (mine wouldn’t open on safari) and then i downloaded firefox and it worked. good luck!</p>

<p>When I log into my Canelink, where do I go to check decision?</p>

<p>You may want to check the EA posts. EA decisions were released over several weeks, so regular decisions may also be released in batches. If it is done the same way, you will not get any notice - one day your letter will be under the communications section. </p>

<p>DD logged in to her canelink today and discovered that she had received her RD yesterday! She was accepted ! :slight_smile: No financial info yet, and it said that letters were mailed yesterday.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted!!!</p>

<p>SAT I (breakdown): None
ACT: None
SAT II: None
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): Don’t know
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Don’t know
AP (place score in parenthesis): None
IB (place score in parenthesis): Full IB Diploma (Predicted 33-35)
Senior Year Course Load: French A - 6; English B HL - 7; Math SL - 5; Chemistry SL - 4; History HL - 6; Spanish B SL 5
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): None
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Skiing, Tennis, Litterature Classes …
Job/Work Experience: Worked for a russian politician for a week
Volunteer/Community service: Worked in a russian orphanage for two weeks
Summer Activities: (Volunteering)
Essays: Didn’t think it was that good
Teacher Recommendation: Didn’t read it
Counselor Rec:
Additional Rec:
Interview: None
Other
Intended Major: Political Science
State (if domestic applicant):
Country (if international applicant): Switzerland
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: W
Income Bracket: Very big
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): 1st Generation
Reflection
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Why you think you were accepted: personnal experience I guess?
Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected:
General Comments:
I am honestly in shock … Never thought I’d get in</p>

<p>Has anyone received financial aid info yet??</p>