Class of 2019 - Admission Status

<p>I see last year this thread was started on 8/2 so I thought I'd kick it off.</p>

<p>HS Seniors class of 2015 applying to Texas A & M for Fall 2015 admission:
What day did you apply?
When did you get your UIN?
When did you receive your Admission Decision?
Auto-Admit? Academic Admit? Review?
Major/College of Choice? Did you get it?
Honors Program?
Stats would be great: SAT/ACT, Class Rank, GPA</p>

<p>I'll start because my daughter seems way too calm and I need an outlet!</p>

<p>Applied 8/1
No UIN yet, won't come over the weekend.
Review application
College of Science, Applied Mathematics
Yes, applying to Honors
2130 SAT, 750M/650CR/730W
4.2 GPA estimate
Rank unknown, they haven't released transcripts yet - most likely not top 25% so no auto academic admit</p>

<p>We know as a review admit the wait is long and hard. There are no sure things and this forum has been a great source of information. I read the class of 2018 thread on admissions - so many questions are already answered there! </p>

<p>Good luck everyone. </p>

<p>I applied August the 1st as well but I haven’t gotten my UIN yet!
I’m also under review, wanting to major in Busines with a minor in Liberal Arts.
I hope that your daughter gets in! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Daughter applied 8/4
No UIN yet
Allied Health major for Nursing
Automatic Admission
Rank 1/29
ACT 31 SAT 2030
GPA 4.18
Commended PSAT 208</p>

<p>Sister is Class of 2017:)</p>

<p>Has anyone got their UID yet? Son applied to TAMU on Aug 1 and to “other big U” on the 3rd. He got the “other” school’s ID on Tuesday but nothing yet from A&M. </p>

<p>HS Seniors class of 2015 applying to Texas A & M for Fall 2015 admission: For son
What day did you apply? August 1
When did you get your UIN? not yet
When did you receive your Admission Decision? n/a
Auto-Admit? Academic Admit? Review? auto
Major/College of Choice? Did you get it? Engineering (Electrical with CE path)
Honors Program? applying to University Honors
Stats would be great: SAT/ACT, Class Rank, GPA – 32 ACT, top 5%, 4.0 u/w, 4.6 w gpa</p>

<p>My daughter applied on 8/1 to A&M and two other Texas schools and has not yet received her UIN from any of them. Should she worry?</p>

<p>Give it time! It has only been a few days. My son was an academic admit and it took about 2 weeks to get a response to his August application.</p>

<p>This past year (class 2018) it took quite awhile to get a response. It wasn’t until after the Dec 1 deadline before even the auto admits got their UIN numbers. Don’t worry. Its a painstaking wait, but I’m sure you will be fine. </p>

<p>I misunderstood then. I thought the UIN came with a week or so after applying which allowed the student to follow their application process on Howdy and AIS. </p>

<p>Sorry, you are right. We did get my sons UIN earlier. You won’t hear you admission status for a while. I will check to see what date my son got his UIN last year. He applied the day the apply Texas website went live. Sorry about that… :)</p>

<p>My daughter applied last year August 1st (Thurs) and, I believe, she had a UIN by Monday the 5th. </p>

<p>Yay!!! Just got UIN and activated it. AIS and Howdy are up and running!:slight_smile:
Waiting on HS transcript to be received. :)</p>

<p>Applied August 4th, got UIN this evening</p>

<p>Son applied on the 1st and got his UIN last night. Let the waiting begin. I hope this longer wait for UIDs doesn’t mean that everything else will take longer. </p>

<p>Applied on the 1st. Got the UIN last night. File is complete. I’m with you Goblue! Fingers crossed everyone. Good luck. </p>

<p>We were in your shoes last year. My son leaves in two week for his dorm where he will be majoring in Mechanical Engineering. The admissions waiting is one of the hardest steps. </p>

<p>I know this process changes each year, but this is how it worked last year. First you get your UIN and access to the admissions and Howdy systems. Auto admits should start receiving admission status in September. The first thing my son noticed was a few new menus on his Howdy login before he was given his final admission. Anyone not an auto admit will have to wait much longer to hear about their status. We knew several folks that didn’t hear until Feb of this year. After admitted, you begin waiting to see if you get any scholarships. We filed our FAFSA in January and it wasn’t until February, March and even into April before we saw a few scholarships. Although my son was a 4.0 GPA with a very strong SAT score, he only received a couple of small scholarships. TAMU doesn’t give out many academic scholarships. Starting Feb 1st you can apply for your NSC. I highly recommend you apply quickly and also apply for the first session possible. My son managed to get the first session in May. Before you attend your NSC, you must get your meningitis vaccine and take the Math Placement test. The NSC is an intense 2 day overview of TAMU. This is when you will register for your first semester classes. My son said it was one of the most nerve racking events of his life. They open the registration at the same time and each student is quickly trying to select classes before they close. It is helpful to review the schedules before you attend your NSC. We also built several schedule options. Just before our May NSC, my son received his dorm assignment and also his roommate. In July my son’s senior AP scores were sent to TAMU. He decided to have a conversation with his advisor in July to help insure he used his credits wisely. Keep in mind, your advisor can change your schedule at any time and even override some closed courses. We then spent much of July and August getting ready for his new college life. We decided to buy some books in advance. We had to buy his meal plan by August first. The plans change every year and its difficult to know what your child will need their first year. </p>

<p>I hope this gives you a quick overview of how our process worked. The process moves slowly at times so be patient. Also, do you homework and stay on top of any to-do;s you have. There are a lot of kids that want to go to TAMU that don’t make it. Once admitted, take that into heart.</p>

<p>whciv01 – Really great synopsis of the process! Should answer a lot of questions for those new to the grind!</p>

<p>Submitted my application on 8/11/14
No UIN or admission decision yet
I was a auto admit, barely made top 10% (9.3%), I was in top 18% last year
Major is PetEngineering
No honors
Didn’t submitted SAT, ACT was 26, unweighted GPA 3.93, weighted 4.4</p>

<p>I do have a question, I had to submit my official high school transcript myself because my school doesn’t send them electronically. How slow does the process gets if I send my transcript about 4-5 days later? </p>

<p>Does anyone know when we get decisions on honors (or business honors, in my case)? As an auto-admit, I will be receiving a decision sometime in September (so I’ve heard!), and I was wondering if I’ll hear about business honors then, too?? </p>

<p>@shopsouthern, you will first get acceptance to the University with a business major. The process is that BHP waits until closing of applications to review all those who apply to BH then start notifications of those selected. The letters go out in a rolling process (not all on one day) several weeks after the close of apps -best of luck!</p>

<p>Everyone keeps talking about the 5 “steps” in AIS. What steps? My son’s just shows “app is complete and in review”. Has been that way for a week.</p>