Class of 2019 - Admission Status

@peachytexan for a minute there I thought you were talking about me. (LOL) I am OOS, have a 3.8 (but only 29th %) 9 AP’s (mostly STEM related), 33 ACT, Varsity running. I got the same offer from Auburn and some other schools but haven’t heard a word from A&M. Major is CS and I’m pretty laid back too. Best of luck to your son wherever he ends up!!

Not 100%, but I think A&M does not consider AP exams taken in the admission process.

@treytexag is correct.

@treytexag yeah put those AP’s in just to show strength of coursework I took - which I hope they consider!

@peachytexan congrats to your son and his great test scores! I agree the waiting is hard. My DS is thankfully in the top 25% and has similar test scores as your son (GPA 3.9) and excellent extracurriculars. Been accepted to TAMU and also has presidential at BAMA, didn’t have interest in Auburn enough to apply, still waiting to hear from UT… Our school doesn’t rank so I don’t know if he’s top 10, 15, 20 or 25%.

@univin Yep, we sent the AP’s in too . . . .

@momof5tx I have found the waiting much harder than I imagined. I’m not sure what I was thinking, but here in mid-January, Mom and Dad (me) are really NOT enjoying the process at this point.

@treytexag yes very difficult when you see others with lower scores being accepted and you’re still waiting. That’s been the case for UT. And if you’re waiting for schools that don’t notify until April your stuck in the process longer. From what I see there’s two issues. 1. Wait for admissions and then 2. Wait for scholarships. All of us will be so glad for may 1st to get here…

Same for my son getting the presidential scholarship from Alabama and others. If you are waiting for UT engineering good luck. We waited last year and didn’t get engineering. Even #11 in his class of over 700 didn’t get engineering and she was very, very smart with excellent test scores, etc. He is very content now at TAMU. The great thing for your kids is that they have so many great options!

@kldat1 what made him choose TAMU over BAMA and how much $$ did Tamu offer? I’ve heard people that have already gotten scholarship info and others with top scores that haven’t. The person that’s heard is not NMF.

Someone I know moved from two tabs to four on Howdy portal… Any idea on what that’s means?? Nothing new on AIS. Thanks so much!

@MOMOF5TX He just preferred to stay instate. I guess he is a Texan at heart! TAMU offered $0. He did get a local scholarship but nothing from TAMU.

@trentarm6 That means he was accepted.

Does that mean full admission?? When will AIS be updated?

when does engineering review release decisions for those already accepted? on the 15th?

@vs1997 If you’re already accepted, you should already be in the COE. @trentarm6 Not sure, but some type of admission, Howdy updates before AIS, so check back tonight of tomorrow.

Someone I know was just admitted today but is still under engineering review. Will they know by Thursday if they are out of the running for engineering?

Where are you guys seeing tabs? All I see is, “my app is complete and in review”.

@sarahwilburn log directly into your Howdy portal instead of AIS. To the left and below your name you’ll see the two (or hopefully 4) tabs called Home and Applicant.

I just checked AIS at 9 tonight and was admitted - still in review for COE though. I checked at 1 today and it was still in review so it must have changed sometime today. The PDF of my acceptance letter said

“The College of Engineering has reached its enrollment limit for admission without review; therefore, you have been admitted to UNEN-Engineering Review. The remaining engineering seats will be offered to students based on a competitive holistic review process. Students will receive notification of engineering selections in mid-January. Be assured, your admission to Texas A&M University is secure; it is your major which has not yet been determined. You may change your major at any time via the Howdy Portal, Manage Applications channel, if you prefer to opt out of the engineering review process and select an open major.”

Hopefully the 15th is when I’ll hear back for certain, but until then, fingers crossed.

@BlakeGrhymes‌ already got accepted like last month, but in COE. it will come out after tomorrow?