Class of 2019 - Admission Status

Hello everyone! I was fully accepted into TAMU today! I was a review admit and applied August 17th. My ACT score was 27 and top 25% with 7 years in 4-H and lots of community service. I have chosen to attend TAMU-Commerce, though since I was accepted into the Honors program and received a full ride scholarship! Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!! I know it has been a long wait!!

@peachytexan‌ , my son also looked at both of those schools - he waffled between engineering & business while initially looking, finally deciding to go business. They are great schools but he loved A&M, we have to pay more (he was also eligible for the scholarship bonanza - quite the deal! They offered him a laptop too - maybe that is no longer part of the deal?) but he did get offered a scholarship here as well. We had him choose the school he wanted and not the money, he is still very happy with his choice. There are many advocates on CC that opt for the money, however we are strong believers that the right fit is worth the extra money.

I would probably contact someone to find out your son’s progress - you need a response soon(by the 15th) to even be eligible for engineering review. I would call & make sure he is in the pool of applicants. Good luck with the process, he has some great options!

Does anyone know when the college of Liberal Arts will make their decision?
I’m an international student applying for TAMU, since our school is more competitive, my GPA wasn’t very high (only 3.37), and got a 590 on CR, 690 on Math, and only 480 on Writing. Got some extracurricular activities including several clubs(some as club leader), some nation wide competition achievements. I wonder if admission decision for international students are made same as US students, or with a relatively higher/lower standard? Applied on Dec 1st, is awaiting the results. Fingers crossed

My daughter was just admitted under the review process. She did not receive her 1st choice of majors which is fine, but if she did decide to change curriculum into Mays (her 1st choice), how difficult will that be? Is it as competitive as transferring into Mays from another university of from Blinn. Thanks for any replies!

@twp777 This form was given to me, it shows what grades and such are needed in courses to transfer to another major. https://tap.tamu.edu/Main/changeOfMajor.pdf

My son is also in engineering review. I believe that if you don’t get accepted into engineering, then you must choose a different major. I understand that physics is pretty close to engineering so that might be an option. You would then need to apply to transfer later on. I’m not familiar with that process but someone else here may be. The TexAgs Forums (admissions) has a lot of good reliable information that comes straight from TAMU Admissions. You might check it out. We’ve found it very helpful. Good luck!

What were her stats?

So this is going to sound dumb but kid accepted into Chemistry but applied for chem eng but I never did see an eng review? His application went from saying forever that it was incomplete because of rank (he had spoken with the school twice and it was compete) to being admitted for chemistry with zero reference to engineering.
OOS, 33 ACT, IBPC, AP scholar with distinction. He did put chem down as second choice, obviously not the thing to do, right? Is it a fait accompli and engineering is out, period? There is nothing anywhere about engineering in the letter or on AIS/howdy.

Found out I got accepted last night. College got changed to UN and Degree to BAC though, can anyone tell me what this means? Major is Engineering Review by the way.

Accepted last night. College got changed to UN and degree to BAC. International student from India, major changed to Engineering Review. Can anyone tell me what does that mean?

@alfonsia If your son’s application is processed after engineering is 85% full, he can only go to engineering review if both listed majors are engineering. Then, he would compete holistically for the last few spots. Since your student had a non-engineering major listed as #2, admissions just defaults to that major & you are admitted to that #2 major if it is still open. So, yes, engineering is out as a freshman - by the rules - is there a path for exceptions? No, but it never hurts to try if that is your goal. It is tough to figure out all the nuances when you’re OOS. On the plus side, you can transfer into engineering later, that too would be done in a competitive format.

Thanks @AGmomx2.

Just checked AIS this morning and was moved from Engineering Review to General Engineering (Petroleum)!

midus2019, congratulations on your acceptance! Just out of curiosity, what time did you check?

@midwestaggie 0730 this morning, it was a great way to start the day, thank you! I’m OOS, don’t think it makes any difference though.

@midusn2019‌ I was admitted into PE today, also!
Kind of surprised because I wasn’t the strongest candidate, but all the while a really good thing to wake up to this morning. Good luck to the rest of you.

@magathar‌ Congrats! Are you OOS as well?

@midusn2019‌ yes. California.

What were your guys’ stats? If we are still in engineering review does that mean that we didn’t make it into the major? :frowning:

@‌thecheese mine are actually not that great. I think what helped me was my stellar essays and extreme service to the community (600+ hours)

1930 SAT (640 CR 720 MA 570 WR)
3.83 UW 4.17 W
21/404 for rank

Again, not that great. But the fact that my involvement in lots of community organizations and events (Relay for Life lead, Key Club president, California Scholarship Federation President) shows leadership potential.

If you’re in Review, don’t sweat. I was in Review for more than a month. :slight_smile: