Class of 2019 - Admission Status

Well based on the feedback from TexAgs, all full admission offers have been sent, but there is still a few Gateway and a good amount of Blinn Team offers pending.

123vca- So if we have not been notified already there is no chance of being given full admission?

MaineGirl1- That’s what i am assuming. Check out the forum at TexAgs. Go to academics, and to the tab that says " “Attention all post with admissions related questions” An admissions counselor answers questions periodically throughout the day. That feedback is why I am making my assumption. He did say that there will be “many more TEAM offers”.

Shoot. That is crushing. Thank you for that information!

I was told that at the beginning of this week 123vca by Jon… He didn’t mention much more.

MaineGirl1 I would not give up all hope, you never know what is actually going on. You cannot fully put credit to either forum, take all information with a grain of salt.

I just got offered PSA, it’s a good offer but I’m not much of s die hard Aggies so odds are I won’t participate in it

At least you know something. Still nothing at all on my son’s status.

No change here either.

@123vca‌ @kcsprop1‌ I’m in the same boat… Waiting and waiting and it’s killing me. Excruciating at the least. Would you both mind posting your stats? Maybe they are similar…

We’re in the boat with you…still waiting…AIS still indicates my daughter is in review…attending Aggieland Saturday & having a hard time knowing how to feel about that…was hoping we’d know her status before heading to College Station. I’m understanding that some decisions may fall into the next week or two…it’s their “hope” to get all decisions out this week…we may be in the boat for a while longer!

30 ACT, 91 average which puts him in 2nd quarter at his school. A few points higher and he would have been an academic admit. Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

International student
GPA: 4.0 UW
SAT: CR: 470, M:740, W470 (one sitting)
SAT II: Math II: 680, Physics: 700
No APs
Still in review since early october

Don’t have the exact stats for my son, but this is what I know-

Just missed being in top quarter-
1910 on SAT
Strong essays
Lots of AP courses
Will graduate with honors ( Magna cum laude )
Sports all 4 years & community hrs.

He also was accepted to TCU, which only takes an average of 1800 freshman per year, so I would think he would at least be offered TEAM. A&M is his first choice.

I’m an OOS student, with a 30 composite (35 E, 28 M, 29 R, 28 S), I’m an Eagle Scout, and 4 year varsity athlete for 2 sports. Applied to College of Science Dec. 1st. Is there a chance I could still be admitted?

Just called admissions, and was told they still plan to have all decisions by tomorrow. Hang in there!

Stats:

27 ACT
3.81 GPA
4.23 Weighted GPA
Top third in class rank (2nd quarter)
In state, but graduating from Florida school
60+ college credit hours
Made the University of West Florida deans list (3.56 gpa there)
Nearly 300 hours of community service
NHS
Marine Science Station (Navarre Beach) volunteer
Graduating with honors
Duel enrolled (obviously)
Varsity Golf

As far as other schools I have gotten into the University of Houston and received the academic scholars scholarship I think it is called and I got into St Johns University in NY and given a 13k/yr scholarship thus far.

TAMU is my first choice like several of y’all, I am sure all are as stressed and anxious as I am, but don’t give up yet! If we were all rejected it would be out today lol they have some difficult decisions obviously so we must be a good candidate. This is the first time I have posted my stats on here because honestly I don’t think it has all the weight to the decisions, there are people with a 24 on their ACT and a 3.3 GPA that get in and there are people with a 30 on the ACT and a 3.8 who don’t. Don’t rule yourself out! Best of luck everyone!

On a side note, has anyone heard of anyone being rejected yet? I have heard two different things (that a lot of people were rejected in the beginning and that no one is rejected until the very end).

None of my son’s peers have received reject letters. 3 years ago, when my daughter didn’t get in, she found out around mid March. The letter giving options of system schools, is the letter of rejection.

I am in top 20%
Sat CR 600 Math 570 Wr 540
1710 total 1170 composite.
I have multiple volunteer hours and extracurriculars .
I was told a couple months ago by an admission director that I had a 70% chance of admission. He told my friend there would be no room for her. My friend just got accepted yesterday and I’ve heard nothing. I just want Blinn team but I think it’s time I stop bringing my hopes up. I’m probably not going to be admitted. Smh

Amberk what were your friends stats?