Class of 2019 - Admission Status

<p>Have any review admits heard anything?</p>

<p>One poster on another thread said he was admitted last week. My S is supposed to be a strong review applicant but he’s still under review. </p>

<p>According to his posts, the early review applicant is a NMSF (although he doesn’t mention it on A&M threads) just click on his name to see his other posts with stats. They have a different path through the review process, possibly he doesn’t know that so didn’t mention it on his postings here.</p>

<p>I exchanged emails with the Asst Director of Admissions two weeks ago about the timing on Review Admits. He said that to date, about 30 Review Admits letters had gone out. He also said that probably 500 or so Review Admits would be offered admission by 12/31. So what this means is that the vast majority of Review Admits will hear from A&M admissions in 2015.</p>

<p>My D is in the group of strong Review Candidates (I think . . . . ), but I don’t believe she’s strong enough to be one of the few (500) to receive an offer before 12/31. Of course I’m suffering with all the angst of a Hopeful Aggie Parent like many of you too.</p>

<p>What would be considered a “strong” review candidate? My class rank isnt too good(34 %), but 30 ACT…</p>

<p>I am pretty sure most of those review admits would be for Spring semester.</p>

<p>@zwardeh‌ those stats don’t make you strong(to be an early admit), but you still have a chance in February. I think strong is either a top 27 percent rank(Or better), a 34 act or 2100 sat, and a high GPA, or really good extracurriculars, good essays, and good but not amazing stats. This isn’t official, but it’s what I’ve noticed off of a small sample size.</p>

<p>My daughter was admitted as a Review admit last year at the beginning of December. 33 ACT, top 27%.</p>

<p>Daughter applied 10/19
Received her UIN within a couple of days
No decision yet, will be an Academic Admit
Biomedical Engineering or Biology
ACT 31, Top 16%, 3.68 (UW), 4.43 (W)
Good EC’s and LOR’s</p>

<p>Can y’all tell me what you think my chances are?</p>

<p>Applied 8/1
Review
First choice business, but will probably change to communications
ACT 27
My school doesn’t rank (private school, class size of 65) but TAMU ranked me in the first quarter
GPA around 3.5, most likely higher now</p>

<p>I have over 500 hours of community service, ranging from school to church to overseas mission work, and over 5000 extracurricular hours. I’m a member of NHS and a student ambassador. I have excellent essays (according to an advisor at the Arlington office). Varsity cheerleader for 4 years. Honors, pre-ap, and AP classes. One of my brothers has already been accepted (automatic) so it’s just me and our other brother waiting in review. Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>What is my chance??? For blinn or admission?! I applied mid October and completed my app, but sent in my recent test scores on November 8th. Rank - top 20%
Sat scores : reading- 600 , math 570. Writing- 540 (1710 total)
Strong letter of recommendations both from former Aggies
Solid essays
3.6 gpa
@Fuffy24‌ </p>

<p>Oh my god my bad I meant I sent in my recent test scores October 28th! @Fuffy24‌ </p>

<p>@Amberk If you retake the sat, get a 1300 math/reading score, and have at least a 600 in both sections, you are automatically in. If taking it in isn’t an option, then I guess your chances now are decent, but your now fighting for limited space, and I feel that’s where things become a crapshoot.</p>

<p>How long did it take for them to get your transcript? And how did you know when they received it?</p>

<p>@isishdz15 How long did it take for them to get your transcript? And how did you know when they received it</p>

<p>@monxter, log into AIS and go to “My Documents”. It will show if your transcript has been received.</p>

<p>What day did you apply?10/26
When did you get your UIN?10/28
When did you receive your Admission Decision?11/4
Auto-Admit? Academic Admit? Review?Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice? Did you get it? Petroleum Engineering;Yes
Honors Program? Yes
Stats would be great: SAT/ACT, Class Rank, GPA
31 ACT
1960 SAT
GPA : 3.5630
W GPA : 4.596</p>

<p>I was accepted today to A&M.
Major: Engineering
Class rank: 35th percentile, Yes i was a review admit.
Strong essays and leadership/ extra curricular activities.
good rec letters
applied august first
ACT: 30 (34 math 31 English 28 reading 26 science.
Good luck to all review applicants.</p>

<p>Congrats! You 're giving us all hope:) </p>

<p>Another week and no word(: I guess we may have to actually wait after Dec 1st</p>