Class of 2019 - Admission Status

<p>Just a bit of new info for yall. They have extended the credential deadline to December 5th, and so far mainly auto and academic admits are receiving decisions. An e-mail forwarded to me from my counselor says that a large amount of review applicants will receive their decisions on December 15th and January 15th, so be on the look out on AIS and in the mail :smile: </p>

<p>I applied November 30th lol. I haven’t even received my UID yet though (or any communication from A&M), should I be worried? I’m an auto admit with a 33 ACT so I’m not too worried about being accepted into my major (computer engineering).</p>

<p>I wouldn’t worry about it, just keep checking your inbox for an e-mail from A&M. Since they’ve extended the deadline for transcripts, test scores, etc to this Friday just make sure all of those documents have been sent and received (once you get your UIN the webpage will tell you what they have and haven’t received.) Good luck! </p>

<p>Worried! High school sent transcripts before Thanksgiving and in time for Dec 1 and my application still shows incomplete! Hope they received them and just haven’t updated info on-line.</p>

<p>Why did they extend the deadline, does anyone know?</p>

<p>Rach, I don’t know why they extended - I’m disappointed they did. TAMU Admissions cannot begin to draw the hard and fast line about who is in and who is out for Review applicants until the applicant pool is complete. So by extending the deadline, they’ve given more folks an opportunity to complete their application files that may be auto or academic admits, further reducing the number of Review admits to be offered. And of course we all worked hard to get our application packages completed in time. I don’t like it when the rules are changed on an ad hoc, short-notice basis . . . . </p>

<p>I agree. It doesn’t seem fair to all the folks who took the effort to get their stuff in on time to extend the deadline, unless there was some weird glitch causing things to be delayed.</p>

<p>I heard from a friend that as of today they are still inputting docs received Nov 21st. So there may be some delay we don’t know about. Also, as example, my high school (OOS) had trouble with their system and couldn’t upload transcripts to any colleges so everything had to be mailed. Lots of extra work!!! Luckily my counselor said my transcripts had to have made it by Dec 1st based on their mailed date. So will (try to) wait (patiently) to find out the results
</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Just a speculation, but I wonder if they’re having issues due to the sheer amount of kids applying. My rec letter (for business honors) is STILL not showing up as received on AIS, and every time I call to try and talk to someone, I get stuck on hold for ages and just end up hanging up. Maybe I am completely wrong, but they seem very swamped. I know that when the auto-admits went out late this year, it had to do with so many people applying early.</p>

<p>How long did it take you guys to get your UIN? I submitted my application on the deadline (Dec. 1st) but still haven’t received anything besides the email confirming that my application was submitted. I applied to UT Texas @ Austin on the same day, and I received my log-in info from them yesterday. OOS.</p>

<p>If it makes you feel any better, the deadline was ONLY extended on the required documentation. If they did not apply to the school by 11:59 12/01, then they missed the deadline. It kills me though, the number of people that say TAMU is their dream school and they waited until 11/30 to apply. Really!?</p>

<p>I applied to Texas A&M in August and I was put into the review can someone tell me my chances of getting in please?
Gpa: 3.34
Class rank: top 17%
Act:23 composite with a 21 on English, 25 math, 23 reading, and 23 Science.
My extra curricular actives include:
4 years of band
2 years as a Section Leader within the band
Summer leadership training
4 years of varsity powerlifting
Two time consecutive making it to the regional powerlifting meet
Texas Boys State: County party delegate, Nationalist platform committee.
Two awesome recommendation Letters and 3 strong essays.
I applied for Mechanical engineering for my first and Industraial engineering for my second. </p>

<p>@thecheese I submitted mine back is October and relieved it in 3 business days.</p>

<p>@ross0414 Your GPA and test scores are low. Half of the decision comes from your Scores and GPA. You are also applying to the College of Engineering so you’ll have to be accepted separately there as well. I would say you have to reach to get into the College of Engineering but have a 50/50 chance at normal admission.</p>

<p>The Gpa Is based on a 4.0 scale</p>

<p>@ross0414 I know.</p>

<p>Applied - 11/5/14
UIN - (like a week after)
Admission decision - 11/14/14
Auto Admit Out of State
College of Architecture (Construction Science)
Not Honors Program
Stats: 4.1 GPA, top 10%, 32ACT (scored really well in math and science)
other stats - varsity Track and Field, 6 AP classes, roughly 400 volunteer hours, and run a lawn/landscape company
Still hoping for a scholarship so I can get a tuition waiver (any ideas as to when those come out?) </p>

<p>@AandMhopeful1234, one way to get a tuition waiver is join the Corps of Cadets. They are having an Aggie event next month if your interested in attending. They give you an overview of the Corps and you spend time with an outfit and they give you the scholarship for $1200 (600 per semester).</p>

<p>Hello i am from India I had applied in september for Petroleum Engineering, my scores are 1 st quarter, SAT maths 600, CR 510, writing 530. Any chance of admission.</p>

<p>Son just had his Howdy page change so now there are 4 tabs instead of 2
My Records and My Finances
is that a good sign?</p>