Class of 2019 Decisions

<p>I was wondering if anyone had received their decisions yet and what their stats are. I have not yet (though it says decision made). My stats are 3.1 UW GPA, 34 ACT, 9 APs (4s and 5s on all thus far), some extracurriculars, and a solid essay.</p>

<p>I know this is only a fraction of admissions info but based on what you have posted, I can’t imagine that you weren’t accepted. Great credentials. Which school within Binghamton? </p>

<p>is Binghamton rolling admissions?</p>

<p>My son applied EA. 3.6GPA, SAT Read 650, Math 690, Writ 600. 3-sport athlete, National Honor Society, volunteer/service probably pretty standard. Applying as Engineering major, Computer or Electrical. Weighted 98 average 1Q senior year including AP Physics and AP Calc. He’s at a pretty competitive high school and only ranks 65 out of 175 due to 90 average as a freshman and soph. Binghamton is his first choice. I thought his chances were good, but last year’s EA class had a lot of candidates with pretty good stats that wound up deferred. </p>

<p>@lostaccount‌ Harpur @todman‌ Did ‘deferred’ show up in the application tracker or did it come in a letter? </p>

<p>todman, some schools will defer or wait-list students when they think the chances are slim that the student will accept the offer. That allows them to see how motivated the student is to attend that school. Naturally those schools particularly worried about their yield don’t want to accept students they suspect view that school as a safety. I don’t know if this school engages in that practice or if that is relevant to last year. Regardless, it is particularly important to show interest to those schools. That may be particularly important for students who have credentials near the top of the usual range for that school. They used to call this “Tufts Syndrome”.</p>

<p>Hey everyone! so I actually went to visit today, and I was told that decisions are not going online at all this year (they are implementing a new system). They told me that the first round of decisions have been sent out (physical mail only), and some students may get their letters as soon as this Saturday. </p>

<p>^^these students are the ones that have “decision made” online</p>

<p>Hey everyone! so I actually went to visit today, and I was told that decisions are not going online at all this year (they are implementing a new system). They told me that the first round of decisions have been sent out (physical mail only), and some students may get their letters as soon as this Saturday.</p>

<p>I went on the site where you can pay your deposit. I signed in and it said I was eligible to pay my deposit for Fall 2015. I guess that means I’m in :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Does it really mean that you got accepted if it says that you’re eligible to pay your deposit? Nyyanks17</p>

<p>@bmw6597‌ That’s just an assumption, because I can’t imagine they would allow you to pay a deposit if you weren’t accepted.</p>

<p>@nyyanks17 that’s true. I logged in and it says I’m eligible to pay my deposit as well but I’m gonna wait till I see the official decision so I don’t accidentally get my hopes up.</p>

<p>@bmw6597‌ Good idea. They should be out pretty soon anyway.</p>

<p>I can pay my deposit :D</p>

<p>Yes me too!!! Aah i hope this means I’m in I love Binghamton</p>

<p>Daughter’s status still waiting for application to be reviewed. For those who status has changed to “decision made” do you mind sharing your stats?</p>

<p>@Seld00n did you receive an acceptance email from Binghamton today? My status says “Decision made”, but I haven’t received any email today regarding my admissions decision.</p>

<p>I received a packet in the mail today confirming my acceptance. Really surprised considering they said the latest would be January 15. Not a top choice of mine but still very happy to finally hear something back!
Stats: 94.4 UW GPA, 99.7 W. 2160 SAT, 3 APs. Great essay and recommendations. Strong extracurriculars including NHS. </p>

<p>@Seld00n that’s weird because I emailed Binghamton Admissions today and one of the admissions officers emailed back this morning saying that everyone will be emailed their admissions decision</p>